Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

sabique
Accepted Solution

SD card_replacing

We have 2 Gb SD card with xperia mini of which 1.2 Gb is already filled in.

so my doubt is should we copy some files from the current SD card in order to replace it with one having higher capacity?

or mere insertion of fresh card is sufficient?

Demigod
sushidushi

Re: SD card_replacing

A new card would work without copying any files over, but if you want to retain photos, videos or music from your current card, you would need to copy those.

If you have any applications that are stored on the SD card, you can go to the market and download the apps again to get the functionality back.

I would just back up your information (see the sticky thread about it if you haqve questions and ask again if any concers remain) too.

Demigod
sushidushi

This is the thread I was referring to about backing up information.

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/154664#154664

sabique

thanks a lot...

:smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

One time poster
malaugh

If you have an SD card reader you can just copy the files from the old SD card to the new cad on your PC.  A lot of the files that ship with original card are junk.  You can remove about 1.5G of stuff.  Look for a previous post of mine, I detail the files you can safely remove.