Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Phone Constantly Freezes / Crashes and Can't Update Software

Like the title says, the phone was purchased 4 months ago and regularly freezes and crashes when using it. The software also sometimes will perform the wrong function when an icon or button on the phone is pressed. I have tried updating the software to see if that would help but for the last 2 weeks I have been told that the Update Centre is overloaded and I can't download the new software. I am very annoyed at this as I love the phone when it works but this is seriously making me reconsider using Sony Ericsson products in the future. Please help.

Trustee
Markus

Re: Phone Constantly Freezes / Crashes and Can't Update Software

A software update (or repair) sounds like a good way to go.

Have you tried updating via PC Companion when this message was displayed? (Or have you only tried FOTA, via the phone menu?).

Anonymous(anon)

Yes, I have been trying to use the PC Companion to update the software but for the past 2 weeks have been told constantly that the servers are overloaded.

One time poster
james9891

u can try using a program called SEUS(Sony ericsson update service)to repair the phone or to update. That works well for me

Trustee
Markus

That can't be right. We would be getting tons of forum posts, calls and emails if so.

I believe you have something in your PC blocking PC Companion. Usually it's the fire wall or an anti virus software that does this. Have a look if these can be temporarily turned off or inactivated and then try again. If you can't get it working you should try on a different PC.

Let us know! :smileyhappy: