Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Shawhifox

None of the three new Sony phones have QWERTY keyboard...

I'm the only decieved by the lack of new slide QWERTY phones at the MWC? Hope Sony doesn't forget the Xperia Pro line :/

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: None of the three new Sony phones have QWERTY keyboard...

less and less there are phones with sliding keyboards, they probably didn't sell as well as the regular phones, it make sense to move away from physical keyboards, it makes the phone thicker, heavier, etc. to each is own

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Community Manager
Johan

I think that we will have to wait and see what the future holds.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Shawhifox

I don't care if the phone is thick, I want a physical keyboard to write faster (you can't emulate the feel of pressing a physical key, and move the finger between the keys without causing a false keystroke).  :-(

Also, I use the phone to play games, as some of them (like Sonic CD) and emulators can be played using it as the game controls.

It's a pity that the original Xperia Pro wasn't sold in my country. Mini Pro is tiny and lighweight, but apart of it there's no alternatives, and sometimes I miss a bigger screen to play, since a lot of games can't be purchased on the Android Market because of the screen resolution.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

@johan

I have a question, some other companies release their numbers, how many devices they sell per year or quarter, is there a way to get that info from Sony Ericsson on how many Xperias they've sold per Quarter and which sub-divided by Xperias?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Community Manager
Johan

This might be of interest for you Uli: http://www.sonymobile.com/cws/corporate/press/pressreleases/pressreleasedetails/q4andfullyearfinanci...

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

sweet, great info, any word on how the sales break down by Xperia models, countries, etc?

Community Manager
Johan

Unfortunately I don't think that there are such info published.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_logo126x24.gif

Anonymous(anon)

I second that!!!!!!!

Since the Xperia Pro keyboard is absolutely great I'm waiting for a new phone WITH hardware keyboard.

the BUTs:

-with 5 rows ie with an additional row at the top for numbers (like the moto... thing).

-slightly bigger screen (4" ?!?)

-better performance !!! my XPro was not able to handle things like GO Launcher EX, so I uninstalled it but it is still WAY slow

-more battery life. not everybody is in such a bad shape so they can't even hold another 20-30 gramms .....

-solar cells on the back

to round it up: (@Sony, if sombody reads that .. )

there would be a few things that would make a phone stand out of the competition. of course it would not be THE top seller like the iPhone or the Galaxy S2, but it could possibly apeal to a good number of customers that, at this very moment, do NOT really have a product catering to their needs!

And since Sony is about the only one to realise that bringing the codeing-savy part of their customers into the team can only help the quality of their product, I could actualy imagine to stick with this brand.

--> if they make OUTSTANDING phones, not the same as everybody else.

Apple was so successful because they created customer need that were not there then. Be brave and make a phone that lasts 3 days unplugged, has a great Qwerty, performes outstandingly and include the good camera, screen ... you allready have and who knows: You might create a customer want in a big enough group.

If you feel ballsy: Grab one of your cybershot model cameras an build a proper android phone into it, and earn lots of money ;-) you would!!

Anonymous(anon)

I'm waiting for a Sony QWERTY phone too.. Something like this - 

• Affordable.
  • Stylish (bulky is not a problem for the style statement if it serves greater purpose).
  • Better battery life (one day is not sufficient).
  • Bigger screen (not looking like the xperia pro).
  • 1.5Ghz dual core at least.
  • RAM RAM and more RAM (with more processing power comes better apps)
  • 8MP camera.
  • ICS a must
  • ~4 inch screen

Additional freebies -

• Linux support (Like what ubuntu is doing for Atrix if i'm right).
  • A PC Suite that can be used for EVERYTHING (messaging, call logs *(calling from PC using phone [not 3G, cellular]), backup, email, just about everything)

Honestly speaking I am a Sony fan, and I definately wouldn't trade in my Xperia for a Samsung/Motorola(maybe, since Google has something to do with it)/Nokia.