Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Malfunctioning Xperia Mini ST15i

I just bought my SE Xperia Mini ST15i a couple of weeks ago. The first issue I had was the flickering screen. The second issue was after playing game (not 3D games) for several minutes my cellphone started to vibrate like a morse code. I noticed that the game I'm playing logged me out. So I tried to open my inbox to check some message, but the phone keeps on going back to main page. It also opens the menu and closes it. Definitely the phone is malfunctioning. The unit is heating up. So I tried to shut off the unit (unfortunately the phone keeps on canceling the command). So I forced to open the unit and remove the battery. The battery still warm like it was overcharged. After an hour and the unit cool down, I open my cellphone again and its back to normal.

The next day, while taking pictures of my niece, the phone started to malfunction again. Same scenario, excessive heat, opening and closing some programs. I only used the phone for less than 20 minutes.

This is the first time I encountered this issues. I had once used Xperia X10 mini but no issues like this one. Please help!

My observation, since this phone is capacitive and it responses to slight heat of the finger, once the unit overheated, the two touch buttons on the sides of the home button will respond abnormally. Thats why when you open a program either the BACK button or the OPTION button will respond.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Re: Malfunctioning Xperia Mini ST15i

backup everything and then try to repair it with Update Service or PC Companion

this is how to backup

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/20218

Anonymous(anon)

I already did that, but is this a normal issue with SE Xperia Mini ST15i? What suppose to be the problem?

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

does it happen right after you repair your phone, or when you install certain apps/games?

Anonymous(anon)

Nope. I've been using the phone for a couple of weeks. Didn't install new apps before it happened. It seems like the phone/battery heats up so fast. Like I have only used the phone for less than 30mins either playing game (not 3D) or taking pictures.

Anonymous(anon)

same problem with the flickering screen when typing a message and browsing some page... i thought it was some kind of disturbance from other device but unluckily i observe that it was malfunctioning...

and like what you had said.... when i open some files... It was a different file was open..

there is something wrong with this device?????

so i try also to shutdown the phone and restart again.. and poofffff... back to normal...

but malfunctioning again after some hour of using it... i was using the phone for 3 days from now... haizzzz... what the heck is happening to SE phones??? zzzzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous(anon)

Calling SE Admin, do you have any resolution on this issue? This took me a lot of frustration. New model, not working good. Bad experience.

Anonymous(anon)

Hammm I have same problem and seller is ready to exchange these cell and give a new 1 but even if you had the same problem than I thik I shouldnt take ST15i better to go for Spice MI-410............

Anonymous(anon)

I have already brought the unit to service center, at first they told me that they have reset the phone and everything is okay. but when i asked them to play a game on my celfone, the unit malfunctioned again. Back to zero again...it seems like there's no solution to this issue.

Anonymous(anon)

I am experiencing the same issues and I am really bothered about it since I plan to use this as my primary phone.