Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Malfunctioning Xperia Mini ST15i

hi, i just bought my xperia mini yesterday and reading upon this thread got me worried that i might be experiencing the same problem in the comming days. i HOPE Sony Ericsson makes up for the consumers issues. i'd post again if something comes up with my unit.:smileysad:

Anonymous(anon)

HI,

I had purchased xperia mini on 1-Oct-2011 in India. within 1week of purchase, the phone started continously vibrating on incoming calls and the screen would hang. i reported this issue to service center. They said to upgrade the phone with a patch released by sony ericcson. That issue got fixed, but now i am encountering bunch of more issues then earlier:

1. functionality of back & option buttons are interchanged.(this one irritates alot)

2. keypad appears any time while operating the phone.

3. while typing a message, the option menu appears in between.(even this one looses my temper. i cant even type a message.so i avoid messaging now.)

4. all the popups, dont remain on the screen. e.g. if you open call register it gets close suddenly, again you open it again it gets closed.

5. apps & games are forcefully exited.

6. message icon shows unread message, even when all the messages are already read.

7.Same is the case with call register. num keypad shortcut shows missed call.

8. while the phone is charging, the screen shows hell lot of miss calls.

9. display light keeps on blinking.

10. the calls dont get connected.

There are many more small issues, but the above mentioned issues just make this phone unuseable. since this are major manufacturing defects, sony erricson must provide replacement for this phone or this handset is gonna loose the reputation that company has earned from the past decades. i already has started warning my friend to avoid buying this phone and also ask them to better go for HTC which was my other option prior to sony.

Also please update your site with proper service center list, as most of them are closed(may be due to the heat they had to face from the customers) or shifted to new location.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Very surprising. As Sachyn said in his previous post everysingle steps he said am facng the same problem.

1. Functionality of back and option buttons are always on [Whenever u click on anything on screen it comes out] [irritates to me the core]

2. U cannot type a single message [ You will lose your temper on this]

3. Any apps or games will be forecfully excited.

4. When the phone is charing u will see 10 missed calls. when u check log there will be none.[It's sum of all missed calls in your call log]

5. Calls dont get connected.

6. Phone vibrates a lot...

Sony moderator. Am sorry to say this. Despite being a urdent sony Fan for 7 years, I must say this with "The 12k Sony ericssion ST15i is not even works a phone for me ". Am disappointed with this product. I believe there is no quality check done at all for this.

Painfully,

Geekkk

Anonymous(anon)

This is not an isolated case look at the views cut it thalf and you get how many units are affected by this product failure. RECALL or REPLACE with other unit is the best solution.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi everyone, I have given my mobile to SE Service center and they have updated the firmware in my mobile yesterday and till now I'm not facing the issue. Incase if the same issue happens in future I'll inform to this same site. Thank you for all your responses!!!!!! :-)

Anonymous(anon)

Im planning to buy xperia mini coz I was amazed by its features but when I read all your comments I started to doubt myself'  does the malfunctioning only appears when charging??or it always appear all the time even its not overheated?

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem related in this post for many people, like LunaWolf.  My celphone is crazy!! Its not a coincidence, its a big problem that Sony needs to solve. By the way, i`m from Brazil.

Anonymous(anon)

I purchased my phone in india oc 2011. I am facing hell a lot of issues with this phone

Please find a list

1. functionality of back & option buttons are interchanged.(this one irritates alot)

2. keypad appears any time while operating the phone.

3. while typing a message, the option menu appears in between.(even this one looses my temper. i cant even type a message.so i avoid messaging now.)

4. all the popups, dont remain on the screen. e.g. if you open call register it gets close suddenly, again you open it again it gets closed.

5. apps & games are forcefully exited.

6. message icon shows unread message, even when all the messages are already read.

7.Same is the case with call register. num keypad shortcut shows missed call.

8. while the phone is charging, the screen shows **** lot of miss calls.

9. display light keeps on blinking.

10. the calls dont get connected.

11. Listen to music then your call manager will not work for next 30 min

When will SE fix these issues.

ソニーエリクソン品質は、この携帯電話に表示されます日本のquailty減少していないこの携帯電話の購入に使用を

Anonymous(anon)

Having issues with my xperia mini, just bought it today, it always vibrates and it messes up the controls, how will i fix this?

Anonymous(anon)

hi All,

i am from kerala , India, i got my phone fixed by sonyericsson service center, it took only 2 hr, now it is working fine no vibration problem and automatic back key activation,

In my opinion ,all these vibration and menu problem is the result of automatic activation of our touch buttons(ie menu and back button at bottom of phone. this automatically activates during humidity increase and heat increase, if you disable haptic feedback from sound menu , your vibration problem will soved, but solving main problem you have to give your phone to SE service, but dont worry , they will solve within 1 hour, rember you have to take backup as phone resets to factory setting,

just give it to your nearest SE service they will solve it easily, they called it calliberation fix, i think they are resetting touch button drivers. hope you will get it solved very soon :smileyhappy: