Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
m4dj

ICS, music player album art cover ?

Hi!  Here is my question...

I have many albums on Xperia mini. I have inserted two photos in the same album folder.

When I launch the player the album cover appears. It would be nice if the player could play randomly the cover art.

Instead it just shows the first photo. I have deleted the photo from the album folder to see if the player will change the art to the other photo.

It seems that althought I deleted the album art, the player still shows the old one that I have deleted. After opening the player again, the change didn't happen. Also tried power off and on. No changes.

How is it possible ? Has someone got the same issue. Maybe the cover get stored also somewhere else ?

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Re: ICS, music player album art cover ?

http://mediago.sony.com/enu/features There is a way of doing this using Media Go on your PC:

Open Media Go--select album, right-click and select Properties (or double click on the album for track list, then right-click on each track and select Properties)--Artwork--Here, use the Remove tab to remove the original artwork and when clicking on the Add tab, it will come up with your Pictures window (or select any other folder)--click on the picture you want, click Open--this will add the picture to the album/track--click Apply and then transfer the album/track to the phone after deleting the previous version from the phone first. Hope this helps.

One time poster
m4dj

Hi! thanks for suggestion. I have tried but still no luck. If you select only the album and right click -

properties is grayed out. But I can select all tracks from the album and then import a artcover photo. I have added a photo on sd card where the album is located and then in Media Go I have selected the related image. Here is a photo:

photo.JPG

Then I waited for the metadata to be updated.

After closing the mediago I have launched the palyer , but still the image is not there. I dont know from where one album has the art cover displayed in player . its an old photo, but not the correct one. And I checked the properties of the tracks and the photo is new.

Also if I select the track from the sd card and play it with winamp from pc I see that in the properties the artwork is there. It all seems ok, but the music player on ICS does not show the cover.

Photo:

photo2.JPG

Any suggestion ?

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Did you delete these albums/tracks from the phone before re-transferring them back to the phone with Media Go? If you did and it still didn't work, then this might be a bug in the music player due to the ICS update.

One time poster
m4dj

Good suggestion ! Thanks.

The tracks were located on the SD card. I have just opened the mediaGo and updated the tracks with the artcover photo. I will try to move all the tracks from the sd card to pc and then transfer them back again using mediaGo. Before updating the tracks with the cover I have transfered them by using usb mass storage - not Mediago.   Now I will try to transfer them using mediaGo and see what happen.

As for the ICS... i flashed the phone with ICS. Maybe is the ICS bug.

I will report ...

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

OK, let me know if that solves the problem.

One time poster
m4dj

Hi ! I think we got the solution. I have tested with one folder with one track and it works. So here it is for everyone who experience the same problem.

First I have transfered all albums from card to the pc. The art cover remains in the mp3 if you check it in the winamp...You have to transfer it from pc to the xperia using MediaGo. In mediago  you have to select the folder or folders containing the albums & tracks and first add them to the library so that will be displayed in the library field. here is the photo:

Once the album is there, you can right click on it and select properties and then add the album art cover. I noticed that when you transfer an mp3 from pc to the library , although the mp3 has art work showed when listening with winamp , when checked within mediaGo from the library .. the art work is empty.

To make the story shorter.... Fisrt you have to select which folder to be in the library and add them.

Add the album folder (properties and import the artcover for the whole album) It doesn't matter if the tracks doesn't have it. It will display the artcover because you have applied the art cover to the folder/album.

Then you have to transfer thoose folders/albums to the phone by clicking add to - xperia (right down corner). or you can just select all albums and use drag & drop from library to xperia.

I have more then 3 GB of files so will take 1 hour and half....

Thanks for all your suggestions that helped to the solution. I will check by one hour and hope averything is right there with the cover

It would be nice if you could just select the albums in mediago from xperia and add the art cover, but its not possible. You can apply to tracks under xperia but in ics then will not appear....

One time poster
m4dj

Its working ! :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Good stuff!

Anonymous(anon)

Found a better way to do it on the net.. might help u out....  coz i had the same problem earlier... now got resolved

dowload any file manager from the app store (preferably OI File manager)

then navigate to Android\data\com.android.providers.media\thumbs

delete all the files there. thereby refreshing your music player's album art cache

now go to the music player and check if u find the empty album art cover

any app like album art grabber would set ur phone off on the right covers from then...

cheers