Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Help! Wifi Problem of my Xperia Mini Pro (SK17i)

my sk17i wifi is malfunctioning. it automatically turn on and turn off. i dont know what happen. and i always get notification for facebook,gmail. but i dont have internet connection. can anyone please help me with my problem. :smileysad:

Master
slimshaddy

Re: Help! Wifi Problem of my Xperia Mini Pro (SK17i)

update your phone with this..

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1309763183/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.7.13.exe

backup all your files before updating.. phone data will be removed if you update...

Trustee
Markus

Try the update as slim is suggesting. Let me know how it goes.

Anonymous(anon)

nah....It doesn't help at all. I have same problem here. Is there any other solutions?

Anonymous(anon)

I've tried it. It didn't help. I have same problems.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

My device is not detecting wifi device properly....ts getting off and on...is their any format need to take ??????

One time poster
boyzrulz52

i did 8 times software repaor untillnow using pc companion and SEUS. some times wifi was solved and some times its not . i guess the problem  is unstable . can u please recommend a patch on this mod in future updates ?

Trustee
Markus

If you've all have the on/off problem rambg2 describes in his original post you should first of all perform a software update/repair via PC Companion. If this does not help you need to contact a service center for repair.

If you ''only'' have WiFi issues you should start with the same PC Companion operation and do a update/repair of the software. If the issue persist you should try with at least one different network to see if the problem is the same. Try with a open network if possible. This is not necessarily a solution to your problem but it's a good way to rule out whether the problem lies with your network/router or in your phone.

One time poster
viktanwar

For Wifi connection, I recently encountered trouble while connecting to Wifi router. Phone was able to connect to router and accepting password but then just disconnects.

What I observed was the setting in the router. Since router DNS was disabled, the phone was unable to obtain its IP hence though it got a connection, it was not going any further.

I did try forcing static IP to phone but still no result but after enabling DNS, the problem was solved.

You people may check setting of your router as well.

One time poster
boyzrulz52

i tried with more than 5 types of wifi routers , the wifi in mini pro refreshes thats why itsconnecting and disconnecting ,etc