Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Trustee
Markus

Re: Help! Wifi Problem of my Xperia Mini Pro (SK17i)

What software build number do you have in your phone right now? Check this at Settings > About phone.

Anonymous(anon)

Mine are 4.0.2.A.0.58.

I've tried with other wifi router also. My other android phone (samsung galaxy mini) doesn't have any problem. My sk17i keep refreshes the connection after 2 minutes (or so) connecting to a network.

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same software number and also problem with my wifi. I can connect to wifi, but when it disconnects, I cannot connect again. I have to reset my wifi router and my cell phone and sometimes it works again. Sometimes it does not work even after restarting. I do not know what the problem is, but I bought it on ebay so I think I dont have a warranty. I do not know what to do with it. No software update helped me to solve this problem.

Anonymous(anon)

Hey, i signed up to reply to this post.

I also have this problem.

My phone automatically disconnects wifi, i have to reconnect by disabling and re-enabling.

This stops my e-mails and twitters from auto updating :smileyangry:

I have noticed this happened after the update in november time to 4.0.2.A.0.58

Please help

Anonymous(anon)

I too bought a xperia pro recently and i too am facing the same problem.. the wifi keeps restarting... infact in my case the phone seems to be makingthe router to retsart... dont know how.. but as a result i am unable to connect to the wifi network. i have other android devices that are connecting successfully to the same wifi network.

Anonymous(anon)

This also seems happening to my router which seems started when I have the mini pro. Anyway I just updated to 4.0.2.A.0.62 today and will test if the Wifi auto enabling and disconnection issues will disappear.

Anonymous(anon)

FYI, firmware update didn't resolve the wifi issue of my phone. What I did so far, soft reset, Factory reset, Firmware repair.

It was really worst on some routers I connect with, disconnect every 2-3 mins. Some routers takes longer before the phone's wifi got disconnects.

By the way, my friend has a xperia mini and another android phone, we tried to connect the three to the same wifi AP. Both of xperia's got disconnected while the other android phone stays connected. I am suspecting it was a really a bug in xperia mini/mini pro series.

Anonymous(anon)

I had the same problem and searched lots of blogs and I think, it's about wireless password type. I changed it from wpa to web and it works. But it's not a full solution because u cant change the settings of other's modem

Anonymous(anon)

Promlem is about the password type.I changed wpa to web and it works but it's not a full solution. Maybe android must develop another patch!!!

Anonymous(anon)

I have this problem with my wifi without any password...