Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: WILL SOFTWARE UPDATE WORK? OR ELSE DO WE GET REPLACEMENTS of Xperia 'CICADA' Mini Pros? Electrostatic NOISE problem isn't limited to video, it's more serious!!! TO SHOW MORE OF US HAVING AN UNWANTED BONUS INSECT IN OUR PHONE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT HERE!

Same problem here with device in Germany.

Build 11W36.

Updated to Build 4.0.2.A.0.58

Problem is still persistent. I don't care much about video recording, but the audio recording is also unusable.

Sony Ericsson support center in Germany refuses to accept this as a warranty case, so I have to pay the shipping cost now and see how they will handle the case.

We should consider a class-action lawsuit, if they don't accept their failure and replace all the faulty units.

One time poster
gianluca

Re: WILL SOFTWARE UPDATE WORK? OR ELSE DO WE GET REPLACEMENTS of Xperia 'CICADA' Mini Pros? Electrostatic NOISE problem isn't limited to video, it's more serious!!! TO SHOW MORE OF US HAVING AN UNWANTED BONUS INSECT IN OUR PHONE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT HERE!

Same problem. Audio recording is unusable.

12 days old phone and I'm very disappointed. New phone and I have to send to repair without knowing if it will be fixed?

from Italy

model: sk17i

build: 4.0.2.A.0.58

production week: 11W32

Xperia... New audio recording experience -.-

Anonymous(anon)

So far noise is OK, instead I have another problem occasionally, similar to this case:
"Hi,

I bought a mini pro sk17i a week back. I updated the phone via pc companion to 2.3.4 (4.0.2.A.0.58). The phone was working fine, but after 2 days it started to reboot itself after a call. after 5 continuous reboot i reset the phone (erased all data), then it worked fine for 2 days. Today while i was shopping i made a call, then it started to reboot. One of the things i noticed was from that point any number i dialed was not showing in the call logs. i couldnt reset the data as i was busy shopping and kept the phone in ma pocket. Later i find the phone is switched off mode. I tried pressing power button but nothing happens. Took the battery out and re inserted the battery. did a reset and it started to work fine. When i took the battery out it was a lil hot (warm) and the phone was also warm (battery area).

Here are my questions;

1.Why did this happen.

2. The phone was a lil hot when i removed the battery, can any part inside the phone be damaged if it goes hot.

3. Is this because of hardware problem/Software problem.

(I did a full reflash using flashtool and the latest firmware, till now its working fine.. dunno if this will happen again)"

We have a quicker response for this:

"Have you had this issue since flashing back to .42?

We will roll out a new software starting next week (.6x) mainly meant to improve the memory management to avoid reboots. Might be exactly what you need.

The roll out will start 12W02 but all phones won't get it at the same time so I cannot say for sure when your phone will get it.

Please post again and let me know when you got this so I know if it helped or not.

-Markus

Sony Ericsson Answers Team"

So I hope the best... though I have more problems with this phone alone compared to all the other phones together I had so far...

Anonymous(anon)

After updating my Xperia Mini Pro to firmware 4.0.2.A.0.62 the sound quality during calls got better.

The voice sounds clearer both in the callers and the receivers end.

Unfortunately there is still some static noice heard in the background.

Overall I can't say the voice quality is good, but it is now acceptable.

Xperia Mini Pro

11W29

1249-4832

Community Manager
Johan

Let's not go off topic.

I would like to post this again just to ensure that everybody get's the info.

"1. About Video recording noises.

-New HW solution has been implemented for all units produced starting end of September

-For the units in the field experiencing the symptom a SW fix has been made available with the maintenance release 4.0.2.A.X.X rolled out starting mid of October 2011.

So if you have installed the latest software and still having problems with noise during video recording you need to have the phone fixed at a repair center. For more info about repair centers contact your local support team.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

2. About noises during calls.

If you have installed the latest software (4.0.2.A.X.X) and still having noises during calls the phone needs to be examined at a repair center. For more info about repair centers see link above.

Since these noises during calls can be caused be different things the phone needs to be examined by a repair tech."

So basically if you're facing any audio problems with the phone after installing the latest update, contact your local support team to have it examined at a repair center.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

i wish it was so simple. my phone spent three weeks in the repair centre. and nothing changed. could you guarantee that after next several weeks of repairment i will get a phone without background noise?

p.s. sorry for not using capitalisation but the forum is not friendly to xperia mini pro, so  keyboard doesn.t work properly.

p.p.s. if you want i can provide you any relevant info: repair centre address, receipt number etc.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi sur1k, my friend,

it's bad to hear you still struggle: have you read my story? In short: my device was the first to be examined in Hungary, the problem was confirmed. I've waited for the software fix - you know, as we expected it was a useless workaround. I've waited a few days, so they can also get info from Sony Ericsson, and get the device back to the repair center. I described the problem very carefully, like a lawyer, what is the problem what I won't accept as repairment :smileywink: After a few days I got my device back?! They told: we changed motherboard - though I saw the 11W42 new manufacturing date under the battery: in my opinion they didn't want to confess that no repairment was enough, and they changed the whole device instead. Since then I've no problem.
I advise the same to you: get to the reapirment center and ask for complete repairment - if it can'be done, then a full replacement. Good luck! :smileyhappy:

PS: Jesus, you see?? More than 300,000 views! What a movement! :smileyhappy:

Edit2: J_E_S_U_S, you see - why is this word is starred out???

Anonymous(anon)

Hi sxxorp!

Thank you! Maybe you're better lawyer than me :smileywink:

I'm on my way to a new motherboard for sk17. Thanks to Johan I received a phone call from Russian SE representative today. A girl with pleasant voice told me that they were really sorry about my trouble and they would fix the phone by replacing its radio part (which will change IMEI). She promised to email me the address of the repairment center and the name of the contact person who'll manage my device.

So I'm waiting for email. :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Oh, this - at last - sounds very promising. (My father has dealt with law as a profession - maybe some advantageous genes :smileywink: )

Actually we managed to change the blowing direction of the corporate wind - so you're also treated differently compared to your previous servicing experience, you see :smileyhappy:
I don't really know what is exactly the motherboard, which and how large part of the phone it is - but for me it seemed they changed everything.

Anyway, why have you waited for so long? I think you could do this weeks ago in the middle of December as I can recall. At that time they knew everything (that the software update isn't really enough), so they had to became flexible. Though rather later than never :smileywink:

Please keep me updated - it'd be good to know that not only I was successful, but my brothers in arms, too :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

So..it seems i m in BIG trouble :smileysad: . I live in Bangladesh & bought my SK17i from another region.(Thus i cant send it to any SE customer care  ). If the problem persists (noise during Video & even Audio recording) after Update of ICS..then what should i do??..should i have to sell my Mango :smileysad: ?. I dont want to sell my Mini pro cuz i lyk it a lot..PLZ..PLZ..PLZ...Help me out..PLZ try fix this Problem in your next update..  :smileysad:  :smileysad: