Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
stipey75

Re: WILL SOFTWARE UPDATE WORK? OR ELSE DO WE GET REPLACEMENTS of Xperia 'CICADA' Mini Pros? Electrostatic NOISE problem isn't limited to video, it's more serious!!! TO SHOW MORE OF US HAVING AN UNWANTED BONUS INSECT IN OUR PHONE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT HERE!

@Johan

The big issue for me is Cicada Hearbeat, you can hear a click during phonecalls and it's really annoying. You can hear the click coming from the caller speaker every 10 - 20 seconds.

I don't really think that's a sw issue, it's surely some kind of hw problem, but i would be very happy if SE contradict me.

Anyway any idea from SE if we have the problem also after the update?

Community Manager
Johan

Re: WILL SOFTWARE UPDATE WORK? OR ELSE DO WE GET REPLACEMENTS of Xperia 'CICADA' Mini Pros? Electrostatic NOISE problem isn't limited to video, it's more serious!!! TO SHOW MORE OF US HAVING AN UNWANTED BONUS INSECT IN OUR PHONE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT HERE!

So, I’m back with some more info as promised.

This is what I know.

1. About Video recording noises.

-New HW solution has been implemented for all units produced starting end of September

-For the units in the field experiencing the symptom a SW fix has been made available with the maintenance release 4.0.2.A.X.X rolled out starting mid of October 2011.

So if you have installed the latest software and still having problems with noise during video recording you need to have the phone fixed at a repair center. For more info about repair centers contact your local support team.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

2. About noises during calls.

If you have installed the latest software (4.0.2.A.X.X) and still having noises during calls the phone needs to be examined at a repair center. For more info about repair centers see link above.

Since these noises during calls can be caused be different things the phone needs to be examined by a repair tech.

Anonymous(anon)

Johan-SEAnswers wrote:

So, I’m back with some more info as promised.

This is what I know.

1. About Video recording noises.

-New HW solution has been implemented for all units produced starting end of September

2. About noises during calls.

Since these noises during calls can be caused be different things the phone needs to be examined by a repair tech.

Thank you very much about your info. :-)

Two questions:

1. in regard to first point, what is the exact week of manufacture which marks 'new' units?
  2. do 'new' units also have some HW solution which make help with the 'noises during calls' ?
One time poster
stipey75

johan thanks for your answer. I am one of the unlucky owner of noise problem, the video recording problem for me is a minor bug. This is basically a phone so it has to work well as phone first of all.

Now with the update i have the same clicking during calls and sony admit a hw issue solved for the new customer with a lower price...it seems really not a fair policy!!!

The nearest service point on list in italy (where i live) is Rome and i live in venice, so i imagine that if i send there my phone i'll lose it for a month at least?? For a fix hw?? And not a replace with a new one??

SE is really annoying me...

Anonymous(anon)

Hey

I recently bought mini pro 11w38

earlier i had 11w34 got it replaced...still the problem exisits...i upadted it to 2.3.4 bt no use...i cn haer tht irritating noise whnevr i mk a call..

I really like this phone cnt SE do anything about it!!...:smileyangry:

i dont think its a SW issue...its a HW problem..

Anonymous(anon)

i have the same doubt..if they have replaced the HW in the new batch they should replace our phones with these new ones..thrs no point in gtn it repaird...

Anonymous(anon)

I don't think that they can do smth about it. I just got my phone back today from the repair center and the noise is still there when I make a call.

And they messed up my flip,if I push lightly on the upper side it moves like 1-2mm. It didn't work like this before.

And my screen protector got all scratchy, which means they weren't careful with my phone.

It's sad. I like this phone but I'm getting more and more disappointment.

Anonymous(anon)

I hv updated To 2.3.4 But the problem is still thr....

11w24

S/N 04102DTOHLS

well vl ths problem can b solved by giving it to service center or Not ?

And If by giving the set to SE Center....vl not cure ths problem thn wt to do vth ths set....

IS ths possible that Set To B replaced by newer one...

pls rply.......

thnx...

I love ths phone......

before knowing ths problem i was proud to b owner of ths phone....

but now i m litlte worried....

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

Can you please let me know how you have updated the device. Since when I go through update centre it shows the phone is upto date.

Thanks

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Johan,

What is the procedure to update the phone to latest software (4.0.2.A.X.X), since when I check through update centre it says phone is uptodate. I bought it on 14 August from India.

Also I heard that Android 2.3.4 is available but don't know how to update, so plase help

Thanks