Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: STILL NOT ANSWERED - RECALL of Xperia 'CRICKET' Mini Pros? Electrostatic NOISE problem isn't limited to video, it's more serious!!! TO SHOW MORE OF US HAVING AN UNWANTED BONUS INSECT IN OUR PHONE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT HERE!

yes we all know it will be resolved eventually. se is too big a company to let this matter be, but the question is when..and is this a software bug or a hardware one..u see this not only concerns the owners of the phone but also the ppl who want to buy the phone..i dont mind if it is a software bug. ill do first thing to go to a store and get one but if it is a hardware bug ill never buy it until a revised edition is released. so plz se ppl stop talking in riddles give us a proper answer that we deserve..ur reputation is on the line here

Anonymous(anon)

Re: STILL NOT ANSWERED - RECALL of Xperia 'CRICKET' Mini Pros? Electrostatic NOISE problem isn't limited to video, it's more serious!!! TO SHOW MORE OF US HAVING AN UNWANTED BONUS INSECT IN OUR PHONE, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT HERE!

Today i received answer from Russian Sony Ericsson Support.

It says, that electrostatic noise will disapper in next update (mid-October).

Anonymous(anon)

I've got the same message. The problem will be solved by software update in mid-October.

Anonymous(anon)

i got it too, from malaysia.

mine is 11W24.

i got one question, will this static noise affects our health? i'm curious about that because i talk a lot on the phone. but since this problem is kinda serious, i started to use the handsfree that comes with the phone, just in case if it affects our health.

edited: i too have the wifi sudden on and off problem besides this static noise problem.

Adept
boosook

Dear Martha,

I think that people here are just asking for a little bit more information.

More precisely, since the problem seems more a hardware than a software issue, people are wondering if the update will be a real fix or a workaround. Remember that not only you can hear the noise in videos, but also if you just put your ear in the upper corner near the camera when the display is lit, even if you're not taking any video.

Furthermore, some phones (like the ones that have been given to the reviewers) seem not to have the problem, because we can see sample videos on reviews web sites (like gsmarena.com or telefonino.net in Italy) that are fine, and because reviews do not mention this issue.

That's why we are a bit skeptical when we are told that it is only a software issue, because it really seem a quality problem in production.

There are some people that are waiting to buy the phone and others, like me, who have a few days left to decide if we should keep the phone or return it to the store and buy it again later when the problem will be fixed in hardware.

Nobody wants to keep or buy the phone and discover later that the only true fix of the problem will be made with a new hardware release and phones with the current hardware will only get a sort of workaround. I think you should be honest here, because if it is so, people will find out.

We are also worried about other possible side-effects of the problem: will the hardware be more prone to failures in time? Does the problem affect the performance of the battery or signal reception?

We understand that you probably cannot disclose complete details about the issue, and that it is difficult to determine exactly when a fix will be released. We just would like to know if we, as consumers, can afford the risk of keeping phones that have the problem because we are assured that it will be really fixed and not just swept under the carpet.

Thank you again for your efforts. S.E. shows a great courage in discussing these matters publicly in a forum and we want you to know that in any case we appreciate it.

Anonymous(anon)

hey guys, since everyone has been notified about the fix... m sure SE has figured this out.

this also means i can finally buy the phone..... :smileycry:

love you SE, god bless you... :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Great post boosook.

Like boosook, My point of no return is next week (28 days to return in the UK since purchase).

To summarise: -

If people are like me, we want a SE Mini Pro with 100% healthy hardware. Even if we did get a return for faulty hardware, we would still buy the SE Mini Pro again.

We need to know if the problem is: -

Is it a hardware or software problem?

If it is a hardware problem: -

1. Will the problem shorten the life of the phone?
    2. Will a new revision be released to fix the problem properly? (I would rather have a new revision phone if that is an option)
    3. Would a software update compromise the Mini Pro's Capabilities? (e.g. cpu clock speed)

If the problem is purely a software problem please confirm this is the case. I would be happy to know it is 100% software and would patiently wait for the update :smileywink:

And as boosook says, thank you Sony Ericsson for letting us discuss this problem freely on the support forums :smileyhappy:

One time poster
bhargavla

Hi,

I jusy got a call from my sony center location stating that the stock has arrived and that I can come and collect it anytime. I was wondering if I should go and get the phone or not. Because in India, we dont have 30 days no satisfaction thing. Once bought, u r stuck with it regardless!!! I still have the DOA...kindly advice!!!

One time poster
bhargavla

Absolutely true bosook!!! Thats the reason I am worried!

One time poster
bhargavla

Hi Martha,

I jusy got a call from my sony center location stating that the stock has arrived and that I can come and collect my replacement anytime. I was wondering if I should go and get the phone or not. Because in India, we dont have 30 days no satisfaction thing. Once bought, u r stuck with it regardless!!! I still have the DOA...kindly advice!!!