Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Murato
Accepted Solution

Driver Xperia Mini Pro Windows 7 64 bits

Hello,

After a contact with Sony's customer service about incompatibilities between Sony Companion software and Windows Vista, you advised me to install myphoneexplorer, which I did and resolved the issues I was facing. Now I have installed windows 7 in my computer. When I plugin my Xperia to the USB 3.0 port, it will try to install the driver but without success. Please, where can I download the driver for Windows 7 64 bits? Thank you for any advice :-)

Master
nolramlb

Re: Driver Xperia Mini Pro Windows 7 64 bits

usually drivers are downloaded here, http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/drivers/

but it seems the drivers for some devices are missing, try x10 mini or the xperia pro drivers.

or download, pc companion, sony update service and or flashtool

Community Manager
Johan

Please explain more about the problem.

The drivers from PCC should work just fine on Win7 x64, I can't replicate this issue.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Murato

Many thanks nolramlb. None of the drivers available for download at the Sony link you provided work. However, the drivers are installed when installing Sony PC Companion.

One time poster
Murato

Hi Johan,

I followed norambl's advice and tried all the drivers for the Xperia Mini Pro in the Sony driver download link here http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/drivers/ . None works for Windows 7 64 bit. The drivers are installed when I install Sony PC Companion. However, you at Sony have advised me to use MyPhoneExplorer. Now I have 2 sync software in my PC, because the Sony drivers for Windows 7 64 bit are not available for download. I lost a couple of hours downloading each of the drivers marked for Xperia Mini Pro and trying them. In order to improve your client's experience, I would redesign the download page, put a search field in it, add the Xperia Mini Pro drivers for Windows 7 64 bit, find another way to list the mobiles names instead of that confuse list in there. This will spare your clients' time.

As for my experience with the Xperia Mini Pro, it is really a very good mobile.

Hope to have helped

Best regards,

Community Manager
Johan

Thank you for this feedback.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.