Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Broke the screen of xperia mini pro sk17i..:(

i can't get an idea by seeing the picture. but according to u digitizer and the inner lcd also damaged i think, am i right?. can see only the digitizer has cracks.

digitizer means the part that u r touching with ur finger(outside) and lcd is that the display where u can see the images (inside).

if yes u can get those two parts combined here,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digitizer-Touch-Screen-LCD-Display-Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-Mini-Pro-SK17i-SK17-...

i don't think the lcd part won't get damaged as much as easily. better u go to the service centre again and ask them which part is damaged and to replace.

if u r sure then go with the parts and repair it urself or give it to a well known local service shop to replace the parts, if u don't wish to go with SE service.

best of luck and update ur status asap.

Anonymous(anon)

and one more thing, for repairing the front parts 11.5k is way too much, better stay-off from sony service centre.

One time poster
manjo3311

yes, I saw that LCD screen plus digitizer are being sold together. Thanx for the link. I feel that the it is just the digitizer which has got broken.

3 questions:

1.) Are there any tests to check and make sure which part needs replacement. Touch is fine, display seems fine, just the visible cracks outside but not able to feel everywhere with the finger which means there is something inside the outermost layer as well which got cracked. Any leads on this one?

2.) Why has sony ericsson priced this part (Display plus Digitizer) for 10.5k INR (approx $210) when I am able to get it for just 1/4th price here at ebay..:O?

3.) Is it safe to get it replaced from a random guy in market..I think my warranty would expire by getting the phone tampered from outside..Is it so?? and how much do you think should it cost(labour charges) for getting it replaced?

Thanx:smileyhappy:

One time poster
manjo3311

sure man..one more thing:

I saw the part on both ebay.com and ebay.in ( Indian Site). ebay.in is selling the same for double price.

1.) Indian Link :

http://orders.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ImportHubViewItem&itemid=300619156174

This is for 5036 INR which is approx $102..So I should order it from ebay.com..right??Why such a price difference?

Anonymous(anon)

that site is not directly linked to india. this is a global easy buy i.e., the products are from USA ebay sellers and not from local indian sellers those products are shipped by an intermediater from usa to india. so only the price is very high.

better u order it directly from ebay.com.

Anonymous(anon)

Price for repairing any Sony mobile through a Sony customer service is ridiculously 'high'. And make no sense at all. I had a Sony 'Hazel' which went dead while I was using 'OPERA'. The mobile didn't boot up at all. Just a while light used to appear on the screen and nothing used to happen.

The customer service guy told me that there is some problem with the mother board. On asking for the reason "WHY this happend?" (As the mobile was fine for 1 year). The guy said that it is a common problem and does occour in some mobile phones. The mobile just shut down by itself and don't reboot. But there is no reason for that.

He told me that a Mother board costs 75% of the mobile cost.

That was ridiculous. I was expected to pay 7500Rs for a 8500-9000Rs mobile phone.

They have gone nuts.

Also, I beleive that the 5k replacement you are talking abt in the 'gaffar market' can be genuine or un-genuine. The fact is that there is a grey market and in the grey market things are imported at 30% or even more lesser price than the market price.

You can get Real sony products at unbeleivable price in these kind of markets(without warrenty). But, you got to be very carefull.............as these markets are always risky!!!

slimshaddy

well yes first they will tll you its originl then you'll find out how original it is :smileyhappy:

i had a nokia n95 before..i ued it for 3 years and you can imagine the condition of the outer body ( well not that bad compared to other 3 year old phones:smileycool: ) but still there were scrathes on the body..

i went to nokia and the ysaid 3000rs for just outer body , i dint spend it cause i wanted to purchase a new phone :smileysilly: my xperia arc..

so i went to gaffar , had the body for around 350 rs..obviously AAA..

then a day after scratches appeared on the new body..and i was like:smileyangry:

i dint want to go there and opened my phone myself :smileylaugh: changed the body to original..

overall not at all a good expereince..

Anonymous(anon)

1. if u want testing materials then u've to search for that also and the cost of the items also high. don't go that way. i already told u better go to the sevice centre again and ask them or give it to a local service shop.

2. sony replacement parts always high b'coz, of some sympathy in the market that's all, especially in markets like india.

3. if u don't know any service centre in local and if u r afraid of giving it to a local service better ask SE SC to fix it with ur purchased items thats the only way i can suggest u. labour charges are not high for local sc max. u can give rs. 250.

and why can't u fix it by urself and why can't u learn by urself for the future.

for me am fixing any harware related problems myself not only for mobiles, any electrical and electronics items. no one taught me in any issues learning myself still now.

any way hope ur problem will be fixed asap i think.

One time poster
Sam8563

Price of ebay.in is inclusive of shipping charges and taxes, so you dont have to pay anything else and i'm regular buyer on ebay, u can order stuff from there aswell, but i would say before ordering stuff from there as i said earlier if u have anyone living in mumbai, there's a place cald mussafir khana or Manish Market near Masjid station, well u will probably get the parts u require with less price.

Anonymous(anon)

Hey buddy...i went 2 d service centre for sum reason 2 days ago....i hav a white mini pro wich has dat keyboard light prob in dim light......so i askd d care centre guy abt completely changing ma fone's body 2 black including d keyboard n all d stuff....he tld me dat it wil cost arnd 5k wid instalation charges.....btw i stay in thane near mumbai....