Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
manjo3311

Broke the screen of xperia mini pro sk17i..:(

My xperia mini pro fell down accidently. It has got cracks on its screen byt touch is working perfectly fine as before. I went to two ericsson support centres today and ypu know what, the price of getting it changed is 11.5k INR (when the new phone itself is for 14.5k INR). The service guy told me that the hardware architecture of mini pro is such that touch and display both are one component. So, though my display is perfectly fine but I have to get it changed as a part of touch component. Why has sony priced its display-touch component for huge 11.5k when phone itself is for 14.5k. Kindly help someone !!

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Broke the screen of xperia mini pro sk17i..:(

My guess is that the capacitive screen is about 80% of the handset....  That's why you take care of your phone..   My xperia mini pro fell down at least 4 times already and not even a scratch was made..  I think you smashed it against the floor lol :smileysilly:

The price is not that high in my opinion...  (And I'm a poor person so is not like I have lots of money to waste....)

PD: I'm gonna cry for 2 weeks if that happens to me.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

you can always look for the screen replacement and do it yourself it's not that complicated, you just need to be extra careful with the ribbons I'll try to look for the part and the disassembly guide

One time poster
manjo3311

please, look for the part...But the sony ericsson itself is selling the part for 10.5 k plus taxes..so how come can we find it cheap somewhere??:O...there is one mobile repair guy in the market who is asking for 5k..he says that he has a close friend in sony who would do the change for me and thats why it is costing less..I am afraid because I am not sure if they are reliable or not..Please let me know the possible solutions.

slimshaddy

if he says its for 5k definately it will not be original..it will be a AAA copy..

also..i live in delhi..theres a place here "gaffar market" its a phone market and you can get everything there..but as i said you wll get AAA copy and not the original..

it will work but wont be strong enough if compared to the original..

if you want to use your phone get the 5k screen..

well obviously you cant sell it cause nobody will pay you more than 2k..

One time poster
Sam8563

Hey buddy sory to hear about that, well if u have anyone living in mumbai, there's a place cald mussafir khana or Manish Market near Masjid station, well u will probably get original aswell as AAA copy even for sk17i or any other cell.

Anonymous(anon)

@ manjo

u r telling abt the digitizer i think u can get it here,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Digitizer-Touch-Screen-Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-Mini-Pro-SK17i-Black-/2...

and here another one with free opening tools

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Sony-Xperia-Mini-Pro-SK17i-SK17-/31035314375...

am i right?. u can get it from 25 dollars onwards and the sellers are shipping for free worldwide.

but i don't know these are oem or not. better search there and give a try if u like it.

One time poster
manjo3311

yaa dude, the guy I am talking about has a shop in Gaffar Market, delhi..these guys tell you very confidently that it would be original but inside, you know that the chances of reliability are very less. I am afraid to get 5k screen because I love the touch of this phone and I know it would be no where if I get duplicate screen..:smileysad:

One time poster
manjo3311

Photo-0003.jpg

One time poster
manjo3311

@jd.21

Thanx dude..I saw the links..I am not sure if that is what I need..You can see the image above to know better..I dont feel any cracks while using touch which means that something inside has got cracked but yes, there are few places outside as well where the cracks are felt which means that there is a breakage in outer glass also somewhere..The touch is smooth as before..No issues with touch. Sony Ericsson support center is asking 11.5k..:smileysad:..So, what solution do you feel would be right??Thanx again!!