Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

BSNL INTERNET CONNECTION PROBLEM - MINI PRO (INDIA)

I have 2 sim cards - Airtel and BSNL. Both enabled with 3G internet.  When I insert my Airtel sim card in the phone, I'm able to access internet and the APN profile gets configured automatic.

However When I instert my BSNL sim card and type all required manual settings and click Menu --> Save, there is no profile. Ie; APN profile (bsnlnet) vanishes and is not getting saved.

I tried through support on phone also - Settings - Sony Ericsson - Internet settings - Accept. But I GET an ERROR 'COULD NOT DOWNLOAD SETTINGS RETRY?  YES or NO. I pressed, YES several times in vain; but no use.

I have tried using the BSNL 3G internet in my other HTC phone. Internet works successfully with manual configuration

Can someone help please?

Anyone w/ BSNL is able to access internet in your mini pro?

One time poster
miteshanand1729

Re: BSNL INTERNET CONNECTION PROBLEM - MINI PRO (INDIA)

Hi,

Disable or remove SIM PIN (from BSNL SIM) and then try to save the APN settings. You may also have to restart the Phone. This will work. I also had the same issue with Vodafone SIM. I resolve it by removing the SIM PIN.

:smileylaugh:

Anonymous(anon)

My BSNL SIM was not enabled with a SIM PIN. So I did the other way round to reset sim card (http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=35313373389&topic=29382&post=181934). Created a pin and rebooted the phone. APN Profile worked this time. Thanks for your answer.

Cheers!

Daniel

Anonymous(anon)

Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson support centre.

We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the Internet on your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro whilst using one particular SIM card in your handset.

As your Airtel SIM card works correctly and allows you to use the Internet due to the fact is saved the APN this shows there is no fault with your handset. However, as the BSNL SIM card works in another handset this shows there is no fault with your SIM card.

From what you have advised we believe the problem is caused by a compatibility issue between the two devices and could only suggest that you contact your Network Provider to see if they are able to send our a replacement SIM card.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

For further information on Sony Ericsson products, services and support please visit www.sonyericsson.com.

Should you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to respond to this email or call our customer support on 08705 237 237.

SE jerks; passing on the table!!!!!