Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
YoSr

sony update engine failure (error 2003)

hey there

when i connect my phone into pc it says there is an update avilable and when it start i get this error

"sony update engine failure (error 2003)"

pleas advice to get update thanks alot

Master
nolramlb

Re: sony update engine failure (error 2003)

Try to reinstall Sony Update Service and PC Companion

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

As per above, try this link: http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
YoSr

wll many thanks for fast replay nolramlb and Sam but i have tried to reinstall spcc ans sus i get this error in spcc and in the sus it sayas i have modified softwear any idea pleas advise

Master
nolramlb

it says modified software when you connect your phone? have you unlocked your  bootloader? or is your phone locked to a network? try running SUS and PCC with admin privelages, then try also using another USB ports.

One time poster
YoSr

it says modified software when i try update with sus and my phone not locked but i had installed isc by flashtool .54 brcuse it didnt came to my area Egypt ......  and the adminstrative privelages dosnt make any diifrance

many thanks for advice i hope to update soon

Master
nolramlb

most probably you have unlocked your bootloader, try to lock it again. or just look for official sony roms, just search on this forum

One time poster
Aakash9

hey please help i am also having same error i tried to update the phone with pc companion and it said ... This Phone contains modified Software which cant be updated ERROR:2003 please help my phone just keeps stucking at the sony logo at the time of booting please help .. i am really starting to panic ,, my phone is Xperia Arc LT15i

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you can't use PCC or SUS bc your bootloader its unlocked

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Aakash9

i unlocked my bootloader way back i remember it