Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Kryopsis

Xperia Go headphones/earphones

Hello,

I have recently purchased the Xperia Go and while I am very satisfied with the phone, I am having trouble picking a compatible pair of headphones with a microphone/remote. As I understand, the Xperia Go 3.5 mm jack uses the CTIA standard so shouldn't it be compatible with the iPhone accessoires? (Unless I am misinterpreting Johan's post: http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/154264#154264 ). I have purchased a pair of MA450i by RHA ( http://www.rha-audio.com/us/ma450i-black.html ) but my phone displays the following message: "The accessory's microphone and buttons are not available". As much as I like the Sony MDR-EX300 in-ear headphones I am currently using, I'd like to be able to control my music without having to take out the phone.

Thanks in advance.

Community Manager
Johan

Re: Xperia Go headphones/earphones

If the headset has volume or music controls it might require a higher voltage. Xperia go can deliver 2V but if the connected headset requires more you might experience incompatibility issues.

I suggest that you check with the headset manufacturer for more info about which voltage they use.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Kryopsis

Re: Xperia Go headphones/earphones

Thanks Johan. I've read that it's common for headsets designed for Apple products to only get partial functionality under Android (especially with a 3-button remote). Is the voltage mismatch usually the source of the problem? Is there a list of Xperia 2012+ compatible headsets somewhere? I've spent hours trying to find something yesterday but, to my knowledge, there is only the Klipsch Image S4A that is designed to work with Android.