Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Kryopsis

Xperia Go headphones/earphones

Hello,

I have recently purchased the Xperia Go and while I am very satisfied with the phone, I am having trouble picking a compatible pair of headphones with a microphone/remote. As I understand, the Xperia Go 3.5 mm jack uses the CTIA standard so shouldn't it be compatible with the iPhone accessoires? (Unless I am misinterpreting Johan's post: http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/154264#154264 ). I have purchased a pair of MA450i by RHA ( http://www.rha-audio.com/us/ma450i-black.html ) but my phone displays the following message: "The accessory's microphone and buttons are not available". As much as I like the Sony MDR-EX300 in-ear headphones I am currently using, I'd like to be able to control my music without having to take out the phone.

Thanks in advance.

Community Manager
Johan

Re: Xperia Go headphones/earphones

If the headset has volume or music controls it might require a higher voltage. Xperia go can deliver 2V but if the connected headset requires more you might experience incompatibility issues.

I suggest that you check with the headset manufacturer for more info about which voltage they use.

One time poster
Kryopsis

Re: Xperia Go headphones/earphones

Thanks Johan. I've read that it's common for headsets designed for Apple products to only get partial functionality under Android (especially with a 3-button remote). Is the voltage mismatch usually the source of the problem? Is there a list of Xperia 2012+ compatible headsets somewhere? I've spent hours trying to find something yesterday but, to my knowledge, there is only the Klipsch Image S4A that is designed to work with Android.