Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Unk
One time poster
Unk

Xperia Go Compass problem

Hi there

I have a problem with my Go's compass:  it shows North instead of South (approximately). When I try to calibrate it (in Compass: menu/Calibrate) , a window pops up (Calibrate Compass) , explains to move the phone in a pattern of 8. I click OK , than move the phone as explained: .... nothing happens . The compas needle barely moves while I move the phone around, and there is no result whatsoever . I moved my phone in 8s for at least 5-6 times... nothing.No window pops up to tell me that it was/or was not calibrated, nothing

unk

Master
nolramlb

Re: Xperia Go Compass problem

how about in the service test. dial *#*#7378423#*#* service test>compass

Unk
One time poster
Unk

Thx!

Did that : I couldn't get the Yaw anywhere outside 152 and 210 . It stayed between those two values, no metter where I pointed the phone. I tried to calibrate after the test during which showd somehow the same values: 158 and 208 .

Than I dropped the phone on the ground (accidentally) : compass recovered . Now I can bet it do do the hole 360 , just it is off towards the west about 30 degrees. Tried to calibrate...dunno: it does not say if it succeded, or failed, or even is doing the calibration. Other phone do some kind of animation , but with this I don't even know what is happening.

thank you again

Master
nolramlb

some guy also accidently drop his phone and the problem got fixed. I don't know about this dropping thing but it fixes things.. :smileyhappy:

well if dropping can fix that. I wonder what will be fixed if they do this.. check it out Xperia Go torture stuff

Trustee
Petter

Sounds like it would be a good idea to try to perform an update of your phone's software if it keeps going on like this. You can easily perform the update with our program PC Companion, available for download on the link below. :smileyhappy:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.