Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
xperiago
Accepted Solution

Will xperia go get android 4.2.2 jelly bean update

:smileyalert:Will xperia go get android 4.2.2 jelly bean update???Sony please answer :smileyalert:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Will xperia go get android 4.2 jelly bean update

yes it will get Android 4.1.2

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2012/10/19/continuing-android-software-upgrades-jelly-bean-for-2012-xper...

Next up, we can confirm the global versions of Xperia S, Xperia acro S, Xperia ion, Xperia P,Xperia go and Xperia J will be upgraded to Android 4.1* – we will be back with detailed timings for these in due course.

*Availability and rollout timing will vary by market and customer variants.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
xperiago

I now tha it will get android 4.1.2 but will it goet andorid 4.2.2

Forum Legend
uliwooly

my bad, Sony hasn't said anything about future updates either minor or major for those Xperias, it will make sense that the Xperia Go, S, P, Acro S, etc get 4.2.2 but we have to wait and see

Commissioner
eljunpacomios

Why is there is no timeline for the group of Xperia's mentioned above?

One time poster
andrew4ceo

I read that it would be the end of March.   That's the problem with companies like Sony and Samsung which releases thousands of phone a month.  Therefore, they will LAG big time when it comes to providing updates and support.

Unlike that fruity company that only releases 1 phone every year or so.

One time poster
AusDingo

There bloody well is! And on this sony page!
How can you say this and not even look in the forums! ;(
The S is the last to get updated and not even going to tell you when :smileywink: You will find it, just like a thhousand other people. All I will say is its the very final OS update from Sony for Xperia S ;(

Forum Legend
uliwooly

there myriad reasons, even after Sony is done with their update it has to go through approvals and that takes time, and for the most part it's out of their hands. I, as a user, would like to see Sony having a smaller window, instead of Q1, Q2, etc say week 20-22

One time poster
RahimR98

Re: Will xperia go get android 4.2.2 jelly bean update

does any body have news on jelly bean its nearly the end of march