Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

I cannot turn on my xperia go!!!!

Please help me!I cannot turn on my xperia go !:smileycry:

and I think it is not because the battery!:smileycry:

Anonymous(anon)

Re: I cannot turn on my xperia go!!!!

how and when did it turned off?

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

If the handset will not turn on, I suggest trying to perform a software repair using the Update Service, the Update Service is able to update the handset while it is turned off.

Here is a link to the software.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

Note: this will remove all data from the phones memory but will not touch a SIM card or memory stick.

sony_logo126x24.gif

Anonymous(anon)

I'm having the same problem.....

First time using it and I got it wet, worked fine for the whole day after that so I dont think it's water damaged.

But after the battery died that night I went to charge it and it turned on fine... then suddenly froze, turned off, and now it's stuck with the red light on (even though I put it on to charge all night) and won't turn on.

I've tried the update service but although my computer is recognising a device, the update service isn't.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Is it possible to reset it by pressing a combinations of buttons like on an iphone?

Anonymous(anon)

Oh I've solved it myself... If you press the power button and the volume up button together for a few seconds it seems to sort itself out. Weird.

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

That sounds like the reset function, I am glad you managed to resolve the issue, I hope all goes well for the future :smileyhappy:.

sony_logo126x24.gif

One time poster
joneropendo

hi, my phone wont also start up... i tried to reset it because the power button wont work, it worked for the power+volume up but it took a while to turn itself off... battery is fully charged, but wont turn on anymore, i think that the power button is broken.. is there other ways of turning it on manually? or like if i open it up with a screw driver? can i turn it on from there? i can live w/o the power button if that's the case as long as i turn it on...

Visitor
gerdami

I got the same problem this morning after one week of usage.

The Xperia Go was left turned on for the night. This morning, screen could not wake up.

Pressed the on/off button. Plugged the charger cabe in. No red/green light. No battery charging on screen. Connected to PC via USB. Not recognised. Since battery cannot be removed (trick worked on X10 mini pro before it plunged into a swimming pool), was about to go back to the retailer when I read this article http://androidadvices.com/4-steps-fix-android-device-booting-error/

and tried "the combination of Volume up button and the power button" ... and it simply restarted in 54 sec. I did not loose anything.

Hope this won't happen again.

ST27i

Android 2.3.7

Kernel 2.6.35.7+

Build 6.0.B.3.184

One time poster
ranyabrkumar

Thank You for ur information, it workd.:-)

Visitor
gerdami

Written in blue on white at page 134 of the English userguide (see Troubleshooting).

All userguides available at

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/phones/xperia-go/support-documents/