Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

water damage for xperia arc

Hi there

I have just got the sony ericsson xperia arc for a month, however the phone has been water damage.

From the check report it says that corrosion found all over the PCB. BGA components are damaged.

Can some experts could advise is there any ways to fix it? Those are the components on the mother board. Any ideas on how much would cost to fix ?

I have tried to dry up the phone, it seems everything works except the bottom home key button is not functioning.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: water damage for xperia arc

you can try to look online for the parts so you can replacethem yourself

http://www.lingosbox.com/advanced_search_result.html?keywords=xperia+arc&sgmid=4868634027be8e15bc3f3...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

or send it to sony ericsson repair center

By phone

Call us at the following number: - 08705 237 237 (Local rate) (£0,10/m) - 08705 237 237 (Xperia™)See all numbers worldwide

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

To be honest, if the liquid damage has caused harm to the main board there is not a lot that can be done as most repair agents will not perform this type of repair outside of warranty due to the cost involved for the customer.

slimshaddy

where i can check for the indicator in arc..???

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

I think the white rectangle right to the camera lens is the water damage strip

slimshaddy

hmm,,, thanks..

Anonymous(anon)

My arc has stoppped functioning 1 month into a 2 year contract. I took it back to T mobile who told me that as the water indicator had changed colour it was due to liquid damage and therefore outside the warranty. The assistant said he had never seen an indicator so red. In his words he thought it must have had a good dunking. The thing is it has not suffered such an event. The closest it has come to being wet is when I made two calls in the rain.

I would have thought it could deal with that.

Any thoughts?