Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
rkespiridion06

please help. my phone won't open/start. how can i reprogram/reformat my phone

hi guys. i have a sony xperia arc s. when i try to open/start my phone, it will turn off eventually after the xperia logo appears. it will restart on its own and again, turn off after the xperia logo. this will just repeat and will not start the phone properly. i have to remove the battery to turn the phone off. i had it checked in cellphone repair shops. they told me that my phone's program is defective and i have to reprogram/reformat the phone. is there a way that i can reprogram the phone myself and avoid any repair costs? i can't open the phone so i can't do the hard reset or restore factory settings. thanks.

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Re: please help. my phone won't open/start. how can i reprogram/reformat my phone

You can try running a repair (this is done with the phone powered off):

To repair the phone software
1.     Install PC Companion on a Windows PC from Support
2.     Turn on the phone, and connect it to the PC using a USB cable.
3.     In PC Companion, under Support Zone and click Start.
4.     Under Phone Software Update, click Start.
5.     Click repair phone.
6.     Follow the on-screen instructions. 

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
-CS-

Re: please help. my phone won't open/start. how can i reprogram/reformat my phone

i got same problem too, try to folow that step but phone cant connect with my pc.

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Try skipping step two. (This will allow you to run the process with the phone powered off and will connect in a different way.)

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

xperiafuse

how i can use PC Companion when my phone cannot be turn on?

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Trust me, it can be done. just follow the steps (except step two.)

xperiafuse

orait..already fix it..TQVM..

One time poster
fatima-khalil

hey, i hav the xact same problem, did ur mobyl work after u folowed the instructions??

xperiafuse

yup..but must remember..your device will be fully format after this..so do some backup for your important information..

One time poster
catrice

i have quite the same problem. but my phone would not open or start at all. I have charged it but it would not open. I have checked my charger and its cable and it is working properly.

I have followed your advice to follow these steps:

You can try running a repair (this is done with the phone powered off):

To repair the phone software
1.     Install PC Companion on a Windows PC from Support
2.     Turn on the phone, and connect it to the PC using a USB cable.
3.     In PC Companion, under Support Zone and click Start.
4.     Under Phone Software Update, click Start.
5.     Click repair phone.
6.     Follow the on-screen instructions. 

Yet I am stuck with this because my phone is drained. I'm stuck with step5. What should I do??Untitled.png