Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: music player ics update

Actually, whether rooting your device voids the warranty or not is a bit of a grey area.  It depends on the service centre performing the repair I think.

But you can unroot if necessary.  Flashing stock f/w using Flashtool or Wotan will remove root access.

Anonymous(anon)

hey rec, what do u suggest? should i root or wait n see what the ics update really stored for us? the beta version simply gives us the idea what we might have but with the official updatd the senario might b different i guess

is there any hardware limitation with this megabass option? i dnt think so coz xda already has given it in thr rom

Anonymous(anon)

A Chinese version of the final release leaked yesterday and it's almost the same as the beta so don't expect any last-minute changes.  Plus, the whole point of a beta is that it's close to the final release and is made available so people can help track down bugs - to then add a new UI, music player, etc. would be a little irresponsible as it wouldn't of been tested thoroughly.  Also I imagine people in the Sony marketing dept. want to differentiate the 2012 range from the "old" devices so they probably have no interest in making any of the NXT UI stuff work on our devices.  That's my 2c - I've been in the software development game for over 20 years and I see this sort of thing all the time!  :smileyhappy:

The official release is only a week or so away so maybe you should try it first?  You haven't got anything to lose.

As for rooting - it's your decision.  It isn't hard but you can trash your device if you don't know what you're doing (although you can re-flash and start again if necessary - I've done it many times!). Depends how computer literate you are really!  If you consider yourself a "techie" then you'll be OK.

I'm currently on the ICS beta (again) but before I switched I was using the Xperia S launcher, widgets and music player and it really felt like I had a new phone.  But the whole experience of installing mods can be frustrating at first so be prepared for a steep learning curve shoudl you choose to follow this path.

Your phone, your choice.

P.S.  slimshaddy recently rooted his device and apart from a few hiccups at the start he was soon installing mods. Maybe you should PM him and ask him for his experiences?

Anonymous(anon)

thanks bro :-)

slimshaddy

root it :smileyhappy:

it will feel like holding a dual core... lesser Ram usage , more internal memory.... no problems of lag or anything... enjoying it...

Anonymous(anon)

ahhh thats sad.. i was hoping sony to provide something new to us :smileyplain:

well i will have to live with my Sony mp3 player which has a bass boost button which is very good ..

Advicer
heera.rana

will these application also works in SE Live with Walkman(WT19i) ???

Advicer
MiniMe

Hi, I tried installing this but there is a problem...the semc.music won't install, it says it would be replacing an app yet I have removed all my semc music apps...so I tried putting them all in system/app with rw r r but that didn't work, there is no music app now. (I have backed up) This is for 2.3, not 4.0 yeah? Thanks

Nabeel

Yes they may work...

try .. there is no harm

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

Nabeel

not for 4.0

only for gingerbread

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.