Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

arc s microphone not working well

Hi everyone, I purchase an arc s in october. Its been a wonderful device. However recently, on my calls in and out people have problems hearing me. On the first day, I had to put my mouth next to the microphone to be heard by the other party. That evening, i tested with my home phone indeed there's no voice coming out despite being in a quiet environment if I am at the normal position where u hold the phone from the mouth piece.  The following few days, I am using the handsfree which works but would prefer without it. I am wondering how can I rectify this.

Thanks,

Edison

One time poster
Balakrishnan

Re: arc s microphone not working well

Hi Edison,

Goto Settings > Call Settings > Disable that Noise supression by unmarkining it.

I hope it will work...

can you explain how come you know about your microphone is not working well,,,,

Anonymous(anon)

Hi  suze wow that's very prompt. Suze, I tried your suggestion on the service test. I couldn't hear myself when my mouth is in the normal position you would hold a handset and as soon I speak near the bottom microphone it can be heard loudly on the replay..played with the microphone using a pencil lead trying to gather some lint but it seems a bit big. Normally, how would u you guys try to remove it?

Hi bala, I made calls to some of my friends and they tried to hear me and hang up. It was quite frustrating then. Luckily they had caller ID.  I did try to disable the noise supression in my attempts but to no avail.

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

If you have a can of compressed air for cleaning a PC this works great as well.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
imdad1

:smileyangry: