Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Demigod
Martha-

Your first impressions about Xperia arc

Hi Everyone,

Now this this  phone has been out for many months, we're closing this thread and asking  that you make new threads for any questions you have

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Your first impressions about Xperia arc

Honestly I think this is what the X10 should've been all along, but that's my bias opinion.

It's a great phone, it might lack front facing camera, dualcore processor, but the rest of the hardware seems quite impressive :smileyhappy: too bad it's going to be so expensive

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Oracle
suze

One word to describe it - beautiful!

The design to me sets it apart from its competitors, it's why I chose my X10 over the HTC.  It makes other phones look a bit boring and generic in looks,

The only thing that's missing.... well that would be my hand holding it :smileywink:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

agree, the design its quite impressive

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Yeah but does the lack of current hardware features and out dated chipset make it worth it?

Looks can be decieving.

One time poster
an2ny79

I agree.. This was on the top of my 2011's "Things to collect"... until I saw the fate of my x2, x10, x10 minipro and x8.  Sigh, I fell in love with that device and was eager to buy it.. I even subscribe to SE to notify me so I don't need to fall in line when I purchase this beauty.

Sigh... I love it but part of me is holding me back..

One time poster
an2ny79

Design wise.. SE is good.  I really love your elegant design.  The first phone I want from SE was x1 but waited for another two years as I'm eyeing for x2.  After couple of months, I saw x10 and fell inlove with it, so on and so forth...  Now please don't make me fall in love with this device.. please.. I had enough!!!! :smileylaugh:

What I feel missing is your dedication to your customer.. That's what we want.. At least be considerate with people who trusted your company for a long time and even spent money to be one of lucky owner / collector of xperia.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I wish the back/home/menu buttons weren't chrome, I think the phone would look better, and the LED in between the keys is quite inconvinient when you are trying to do something in a dark setting (refering to the X10 I don't know if the arc does/has the same LED behind/inbetween the hard buttons). other than that the phone looks great

Oracle
suze

Actually on that note... why have they re-arranged the buttons.  Anyone coming from the X10's or X8 will have an annoying few days getting used to it!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

yeah I still don't understand the sudden change and adding an extra button, some people might like it, I rather have more gestures to avoid having an extra button to do something similar or the same