Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

slimshaddy

Xperia arc, Market listing local apps according to phone language?

markus i wanted to aks something...

i have set my laguage to english ( india )

i had flashed my phone to 2.3.3 global generic , after that i updated through wifi to 2.3.4 and again updated to some other firmware....

now if i open market , i can see in some categories , applications related to india only,.. i mean they are the top.. i assume this is different in every country right..??

so just want to ask , market shows indian apps just because i have set my language to english ( india ) or the genric is india only..??

i asked a top indian member on xda , and he said you dont have to woory about the warranty.... but still i want to be sure :smileyhappy:

i found some things different in another users's system info ( on this site only ) so thats why i am asking... i dont want centre guys to find this :smileysilly: if ever something goes wrong..

I created a new thread for this comment you made since it got a bit off topic. /Markus-SEAnswers

slimshaddy

Re: Xperia arc, Market listing local apps according to phone language?

ok thanks for this :smileyhappy:

Trustee
Markus

I just tried to switch my phone (arc) from Swedish to English (India). The headline "Categories" switched to English in Market but the actual categories where still in Swedish and Market was still showing all the same apps under the categories I checked.

slimshaddy

hmm so this means it has something to do with some system info :smileyhappy:

well its ok.. thanks for checking...

i checked with another indian user , the system settings , but he had a neo v so just one info matched :smileylaugh: boot version something....