Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia Arc keeps dropping wifi connection

My new xperia arc keeps dropping the wifi connection. I have the wifi sleep policy set to 'never' and yet it drops it almost every time I press the home button after the screen has gone off. I will then have to go to wifi in settings and it kick starts it into live again and connects. Really irritating as I now have to check if i am connected or not befor broswing etc. Anything else i can do to stop this happening?

Trustee
Annie

Re: Xperia Arc keeps dropping wifi connection

Hi,

I suggest that you reset your router to make sure that it is not the problem. Then, what you can also do is activate your Wi-Fi from the Home screen, browse your Home screen and find the Wi-Fi icon and activate it from there to see if that makes a difference.

Anonymous(anon)

I am afriad that does not work. I have put the wifi on/off widget on the front screen and the gprs connection arrows will be showing and no wifi icon with the wifi widget saying it is on! Eventually the wifi icon will show up and the gprs arrows go. Also why is the data on/off widget bigger than the other on/off ones?

Anonymous(anon)

I have exactly the same problem........is on for a moment and then it drops it completely.

It seems that the Xperia WiFi driver does not like N standard WPA2-PSK network - to bad :-(

Anonymous(anon)

Me too but if I set my router to Wireless G it works fine. hope they'll fix it soon.

Anonymous(anon)

I have a similar problem. I have used a Motorola Milestone with Android 2.1 on my wireless router at home and it always worked perfectly. My Arc is able to connect to my wireless network, and I can use the wifi connection for a brief moment, about 2-5 minutes, before it drops the connection (although the UI tells me it is still connected).

I have the wifi sleep policy set to 'never' as well. My wireless router uses 802.11b/g (changing it to 'g' only doesn't help) with WPA-PSK security.

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this? Because the wifi pretty much unusable right now.

Anonymous(anon)

Same here the problem was so bad i brought it back to where I bought it thought the phone was faulty only had it a week to be given a replacement with the same problem. Constantly drops wifi, wont stay connected for long, cant get to google homepage, cant watch videos on youtube because it drops and tries to replay from the start. I took the battery out re started phone no joy. got wifi fixer and wifi anlyzer from the store (by going on 3g) still no joy. tried switching from the widget on the homescreen no joy. ipconfig shows it, pinged it with no loss. i know its not my router ps3 works fine as does all my other equipment please sony ericsson gives us a firmware update to solve this.

Anonymous(anon)

Yes - Wi-Fi is completely useless. The only accesspoint that worked for more than five minutes was a very, very old D-link

Anonymous(anon)

I'd like to mention here that while WiFi sometimes dropps for me too it is far from as bad as described here (on a n-standard network) I even managed to transfer 3Gb of files wireless, took time though

Anonymous(anon)

I had the same problem. Guys try installing 'Blade Wifi Fix', 'REGPON wifi KeepAlive' and 'Wi-Fi Keep Alive'  from Android Market and then see the performance. Try out also Wefi Connect.