Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Community Manager
Johan

Re: Xperia Arc keeps dropping wifi connection

I'm here, and I'm reading this thread basically every day. But unfortunately no news yet other than what I've already posted before. That we plan to include improvements for this in the ICS update.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Router solution:

1. Go to Router settings (Example: http://192.168.1.1)

2. Wifi settings

3. Advanced

4. Change Band (Auto > 11)

5. Wifi Type (Auto > "b" or "g")

Anonymous(anon)

Hello

I have SE xperia NEO few months but I can agree that there is a bug when connected to wifi AP 802.11n. It always drops connection even more when you try to transfer more data. It is totally useless in this case.

At home I had to switch to 802.11g what slowing down my whole network. When I am outside and I try to use 802.11n wifi network I cannot use it because it drops again if I am able to connect. So I have always pray that in the airport or hotel they will have 802.11bg wifi network to be able to use wifi connection.

I cannot understand that some mobile phone manufacturer is able to sell phones with wifi bug and even try to tell everyone that the problem is AP. Why other devices works correctly?

I hope that this bug issue will be solved in ICS soon otherwise I am going to refund the phone. By the way the second big issue is that GPS loses position every 5minutes for 30 seconds if you don't have internet connection.So GPS is useless as well now.

Could someone from SE team here prove that these major issues will be solved in ICS?

Thank you for reply

R.G.

Anonymous(anon)

hi johan and users

unfortunately I do not know why some days the arc s working well and no problems with the netgear home! (dg834v5).:smileyhappy: great but inscrutable, I have not changed settings. I am not aware that you have released new firmware of the router! I'm not using the static ip, but I also like the one assigned to the office and the other house.

Now when I get home leads immediately and do not disconnect!

I know that this fact will not help anyone, but I wanted to testify!

Only one thing I have noticed that now the router assigns the ip ending with .... 04 instead of 02 ..... that was when there were problems ..

Anonymous(anon)

Hi, Recently i got my software update on my xperia arc s. When i switch my WIFI on, i can easily use it, without any problem, but as soon as i lock my screen, it disappeared, i need to reconnect it each time i lock my screen. Before updatin the software, i didnt have this problem but now am having it. Plzzzzz give me some feedback to solve this problem.

One time poster
maRRRco

This happen to me with some firmwares, for example 3.0.xxx.145

probably solved with last 0.62

However in not properly a Sony bug, but a lack in the android code releted to sleep policy.

Set in to "never" don't help.

Sometimes Sony corrected this, sometimes not, but there are many apps that correct it, try "advanced wifi lock".

This of course is not part of the main problem reported here.

Anonymous(anon)

I bought this phone and wasn't informed by Sony about this problem. I am waiting for fixing this problem for 2 months and I'm seriously dissapointed... WHEN WILL YOU DO SOMETHING?!

One time poster
alter95

No, they won't do anything about this. I've spoken with Sony's worker who's responsible for consumers. He said that they didn't see any porblem and it was my imagination. Very bad move of Sony, especially that it's not a minory problem. Nevertheless, I went to the Office of fair Trading and they ssay that I have big chance to get a recompensation. I advise all of you to do that, it has been long time ago when Sony should have solved this problem but they haven't done this. If we do this all myabe Sony will understand that this isn't the way to treat costumers.

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem  :smileysad: WiFi dropping every time when a large file is downloaded.

I have the phone for 1 month and i like it verry much. The only problem is the WiFi :smileysad:Please Sony repair this.

One time poster
maRRRco

Yes, the reception is terrible !!!

The max level of dbm reveived bu the phone is 45dbm if you put it 5 cm near the router :smileyangry:.

If you go at least 5 meters distant from the router antenna, you can see one less bar in the icon and 55 dbm :smileyshocked:. Other phones, also very cheap, get 30 dbm as max reception value !!!! and when the Arc has two bars, they have 4 bars.

In my little 3x4m room far from the router, 3 bar, that's incredible !

Chinese hardware and also bad softare !!!

You can see what is happening in the Xperia S, yellow tint, gps bug, bad audio in the capsule, bad covers etc. I think Sony is showing the worst possibile, and many many people in my country are very disappointed and return the phone, is enough read the forums to see the terrible situation.

Now we are their beta tester because they don't spend money to test the phone, doing some quality control.

It's the market law, no more hardware cure, but the mind in only to maximize the profit !!!