Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly
Accepted Solution

Xperia Arc housing cracks?

How many Arc users are experiencing cracks like this?

Xperia arc housing suffering from cracks

http://www.xperiablog.net/2011/07/01/xperia-arc-housing-suffering-from-cracks-%E2%80%93-widespread-i...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1144774

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia Arc housing cracks?

i am ive already started a post on here about it .  ive also sent a email to sony ericsson about it but they replied and said it wasnt a known issue even though i linked the xda forum post on this subject.im very unhappy about this problem to say the least and i will probably will never buy another sony phone as i like to keep my phones in a 1 condition and the quality of this handset is just dodgy compared to other makes sham really as i actually love the functionality and design.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I don't have a crack just yet, but a friend of mine does, LT15a midnight blue, what about yours?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

midnight blue ,vodafone uk model.i keep  it in a hard leather case at all times and its not been dropped once ive had the handset since mid april im really ****** off with these cracks im bloody carefull with my phones.

Talent
huggons

midnight blue, generic uk model

sent to SBE today after reporting to sony - see below

You have now been connected to an agent.
steve: please take a look at
steve: http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/84003
steve: and also
steve: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1144774
steve: hello
Mark Chapman: Hi , thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson UK Chat Support. My name is David, how can I help you today?
Mark Chapman: Ok
Mark Chapman: How can i help.
steve: why is this happening and what do you intend to do to resolve the issue
steve: as i have the same issue
steve: and sony have not answered in http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/84003

Mark Chapman: This is not something we had raised, and this is the first time I have heard of the issue.
Mark Chapman: If you would like you can send the phone in and we will take a look at it, repair wise.
steve: ok what is the process of sending it in and how long will this take
Mark Chapman: I can send you an e-mail including repair information. Is that okay?
steve: please
Mark Chapman: Repair can take 5-7 working days from receipt, on average.
steve: how log will this take
steve: and what are sony doing to resove the issue.
steve: i dont want to send it in every other week as the same fault has reoccoured!
Mark Chapman: Like I said this is not a mass issue we have found, if you send in the handset and we see its a manufacturing fault we will repair it free of charge.
steve: i would expect so.
steve: i would like to make it clear that i shallnot be paying for the replacement casing
steve: have you emailed the details to me
steve: is it posted to sony or sbe
Mark Chapman: SBE
Mark Chapman: Ill need your email address.
steve: xxxxxxx@xxx.com
steve: mark
Mark Chapman: I'm just sending that e-mail, one moment.
steve: ok
Mark Chapman: Ok thats it, the email has been sent out.
Mark Chapman: Is there anything else I can help you with?
steve: will post tomorrow and also ask sbe how many of these faults they have seen
steve: are you now looking into the issue as to what all of these customers have the same issue?
Mark Chapman: Sure, we will keep an eye on it, at the moment though we really haven't had any calls on it or chats as far as im aware.
steve: well i shall be posting this chat to make others aware that sony are aware
Mark Chapman: Like i said we will keep an eye on this.
steve: good

Forum Legend
uliwooly

keep us updated on what happen w/ your acr

Forum Legend
uliwooly

up

Talent
huggons

Will do.
Anonymous(anon)

I had my Arc about a month and a half. So far no cracks yet.

Touch wood it does not start appearing.

I feel the Arc is very fragile phone and the back cover sometimes creaks.

The X10 feels more solid.

Anonymous(anon)

had my arc for about 4 months had the same crack for about 3 months my wife didnt have any at the time now she doze and they get bigger I now have one on top and the bottom! if you dont have any yet you will soon get some!