Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Moirs

Re: Xperia Arc housing cracks?

We definitely requires some attention from SE, Mark please help us urgently

Moirs

What are the results from your investigation?

One time poster
ritesh_dogar

It Seems Mark is'nt going to help..It requires some further escalation. I dont have any results from investigations but going by the posts here..its true that a lot of people are facing the same issue. I have already got the housing replaced once but again the changed housing has cracked inspite of handling it extremely gently. SE IF YOU CAN READ THIS PLEASE HELP !!

One time poster
ritesh_dogar

http://talk.sonymobile.com/polls/1121

Please take this poll and we can see how many have faced this crack issue.

Trustee
Markus

I've answered in this thread several times already and I have nothing new to add.

If you have a crack in the housing you need to have it sorted at a service center. If you have any issues with warranty or have any questions related to the service routines, you need to bring this up with the local support team.

Click this link and choose your country in the drop down list.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

You can also email the support at questions.xx@support.sonymobile.com. Replace XX with e.g. SE for Sweden, IN for India etc.

One time poster
Trevor868

i have a crack above and below the long black circle (not sure of its name lol) at the top of the phone. can anyone from the UK tell me how much it costs to repair out of warranty? ive email Sony about this and they never gave me a figure other than itll cost me £10 to get my phone back if its not under warranty and i refuse to pay the full cost of the repair.

Anonymous(anon)

I've had my Midnight Blue Arc S since December 21st. purchased direct from Sony.  I have the dreaded crack above the light sensor.  I've never dropped the phone.

But I'm not going to send it away for repair as a) you'd have to look really hard to see it and b) I've read stories of people getting replacements that cracked soon after and c) I have nothing to use while it's away for repair.

One time poster
shoeseat

Hello guys,

I thought my phone was lucky to not have cracks but i noticed yesterday there was a hair like crack at the top and bottom of sensor.It's not visible until you look very cearfully.I think it's just starting to crack.

The real problem is that in my country there is not authorized dealer for sony.So i can't take my phone for repiaring the housing and i doubt there are any repair stores that can replace original housing.

So i want a suggestion on how put prevent further cracks so that it won't be big and ruin my phone.can i use super glue? :smileysilly:

I had such faith in sony when buying this mobile(xperia arc) with it's beautiful design and ICS update promise.But with this housing crack and buggy ICS issue has left me no choice for not buying anymore sony products.

Please give some suggestion friends for fixing my housing crack.

Trustee
Markus

You should not add glue or try to fix this yourself.

You should contact the store where you bought the phone and ask them to send your phone to a service center so they can fix this problem for you.

One time poster
shoeseat

As i already said.i am out of luck.There is no authorized dealers for sony erricson.Stores here import mobiles from other country which has no auhtoized dealers.We hae samsung,nokia,lg authorized dealers but no sony.I did checked for authorized dealer for sony before buying my mobile but we don't have one.

I didnt knew xperia arc has cracking problem before i bought it so now only thing i can do is to prevent crack from being big.any good suggestions?