Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia Arc housing cracks?

my bad Markus.. saw your PM a bit late.. :smileyhappy: thanks again .. have replied back to your PM :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Good day sir!

I just wanna ask if there was some cases of arc s being returned because of housing cracks in the philippines. And I wonder sir if I buy the model this month, how much are the possibilities that it will have the same fate as the other arc s in singapore, india, malaysia, japan. After all, SE population here in PH is a considerable number. I know someone who has an arc. But I'm pretty shy of asking that person because she happens to be our Chairmain of our college of computer studies. I can't just approach her and ask if there are some cracks in her xperia arc. Sir, if people are more interested here in the PH about the specs I know the xperia line up will stand out. But there are a lot of issues about the line up here in PH. We all know about the housing crack problem of arc s & arc. And arc here is being phased out. I prefered the neo in the first place but we didn't have the chance to have it launched here. My next option is the pro. but i'm pretty much not so impressed about it's design. then my last resort is the neo v. But we also know that some owners of neo v here in PH has also the puprle fringe issue. As of the moment, I'll probably go for the pro. But I would really be happy to have the arc s. hope you can help me with my request sir. Thank you.

Trustee
Markus

I suggest you first of all give the local support office a call and ask them about the situation for the arc S in your country.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

I don't get statistics on what problems all the different phones are having on different markets so I really cannot tell. If there's a problem, the local support are the ones who can inform you on how it's handled (this varies from market to market).

One way to learn about the phone models is to check the website.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/

If that ain't advanced enough you can have a look at the white papers for more info:

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wportal/devworld/search-downloads/phonespecs?cc=gb&lc=en

Anonymous(anon)

Thank you so much sir! But unfortunately PH isn't included in Local contact information. :smileyhappy: But anyway it's okay. My mind's fixed now and I'll be going with the pro. Thank you very much for your assitance sir.

One time poster
ritesh_dogar

Hi Funky_Boy 

I live in Himachal Pradesh. I firs t contacted the SE support over phone and told them what the problem is. They took a while but the problem got resolved the first time. But I didnt expect a reputed company like SE to do this again.

The housing is made of such poor material it has cracked again. I have a SE Xpreia Arc and clearly the problem isnt resolved in the Arc S.

They still use the same fucking material.

Please people who ever reads this message. DONT EVER PLAN ON BUYING A XPERIA ARC OR THE ARC S. 

Anonymous(anon)

Look near the X IMG_0361.jpg

Anonymous(anon)

Look near the light sensorIMG_0351.jpg

Anonymous(anon)

Hong Kong Sony totally refused to acknowledge this problem and i had to pay for the new housing despite being within the warranty period which ofcourse doesn't cover this problem. Mark i hope to get a response from Sony on this.

One time poster
ritesh_dogar

There should be a recall on the Xperia Arc and the Arc S for this issue. SE shud be ashamed making so low quality cellphones despite being in the arena for so long. If it was some low quality chinese phone I would not have complained but SE..I am dissappointed and I am pretty sure I am not alone.

Moirs

U definitely not alone, i'm sooo angry with Sony for such a cheap housing on the nice phone like Arc, i'm very disappointed, maybe we need to go further with this matter so that they will do something with these housing and hopefully to replace them with quality housing