Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
ewanzol

Re: Xperia Arc housing cracks?

i'm planning to get new SE phone..my friend suggest me to buy this SE Xperia Arc / Arc S, but after i read this discussion i change my mind..although this crack problem doesn’t effect phone performance but this show me the very bad quality of SE phone..i’m SE fan and I’m very disappointed..

Forum Legend
uliwooly

the new phones are about to be released, you might want to wait since the 2011 phones will lower their price and/or you can get a newer phone

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

I too have the :smileysad: crack on my Arc

Are there any news regarding the availability of the new housing which solves " the crack issue" ?

Thanks SE for feedback.

One time poster
失眠瓦

At last, my arc have THAT CRACK too

10 months...is it good enough?

Anonymous(anon)

compared to us ... i guess yeah

but still, it isn't how it's supposed to be huh ? :smileysad:

Anonymous(anon)

And I thought I was going crazy when I found this crack on my 6 weeks old Xperia Arc S, but it seems there's other people out there with the same problem. I am 100% sure that I haven't dropped my phone and have no clue how this happened. I have the white one and it's really easy to notice the crack on the white surface.

Is there anybody else with the same problem in Australia? I contacted SE today, they were not helpful at all. They said it's the first time they've ever heard about such a problem and of course it won't go under the warranty because it's physical damage, not manufacturers fault.

So I called to service centre to see how much would new cover cost, they said it's around $100. What the hell!!!! I only paid $400 for the phone, and after first 6 weeks need to pay out another $100 to get it fixed.

Has anybody any idea what to do, or should I just give up and look at my lovely white phone with nasty ugly crack on it???

Thanks for any reply.

Anonymous(anon)

Read the other replies here...SE has accepted responsibility for this problem. Read what other people have suggested you do about this problem.

Do you like the colour blue?

Anonymous(anon)

Well. I've just spent an hour reading all of these comments in here. Then I was brave enough to call to SE, because I knew I wasn't alone and I was sure that if I mention all these other people with the same problem SE will help me out, or will give me information what to do next.

Had another 30 minutes increasingly angry phone call with some arrogant young boy on the phone, who clamed that it's all my fault and they haven't heard anything about it. And if some couple hundred people will have the same problem and they will discuss it here on SE website, then that doesn't make this common problem at all.

So that's why I'm unsure what to do now. At least chocolate helped a bit, to calm me down and try to talk to SE again :smileysilly:

Anonymous(anon)

First things first...you need to get your phone assessed and then rejected under warranty...there is nothing you can do until you do that...are you close to the official SE repairer?

Did you look at the e-bay option?

Anonymous(anon)

Just finished phone call to service centre. The answer was simple.

100% any kind of crack on the phone, is classified physical damage and won't go under the warranty. The only way to waive the cost of the fixing, is to get some kind of report number or smth from SE and then they'll fix it for free. Awesome.

I did check the eBay, but I love my white phone, so any other color won't be an option for me. Sorry