Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Re: Xperia Arc housing cracks?

Rookie
kapil1

Uliwooly

Was the housing crack you had been replaced or repaired?

Moderator,

I have noticed a very very minute crack above the sensor which i notice only when i brush my nails accross that part of the body. Not sure whether it really is a crack and its next to invisible at this stage.

I am following this thread since i bought my phone and noted that those who got this replaced have got the crack back. Does it make sense to change the phone for that minute crack and will it affect the performance for eg say buzzing when the phone rings, problem with sensor etc? Can i live with it? I am quite unhappy this has happened to my phone and to be frank i am not even sure whether this is a crack also or just nothing.

regards

KS

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

still cracked :smileysad:

Trustee
Markus

If you wish to have the front cover replaced we will do this for no costs as it's covered by warranty.

This crack does not affect the performance however so there's no need of doing it in terms of safe using etc. Just contact your local support team if you wish to get this done.

Visitor
radheck

sonyericsson 2 Month later I have the same crack as before sending to fix in november. ArcCracks we want a final solution.

Trustee
Markus

Sorry to hear this. I suggest you call the local support team for further advice. New material should be used when replacing the front cover.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

Visitor
radheck

I will try to do a new fix , with another support center. when sony has distributed the new housing? I Need to know the exact date

Trustee
Markus

I don't have this info unfortunately.

Anonymous(anon)

I had a small crack like all the others.

But the other day I dropped my Arc for the first time and it hit on the corner of the small crack. Now it is flaking where the original small crack was.

Now i've lost my warranty because of the drop and I will definitely need to get the housing repaired, quoted $125 (Aussie) the other day.

If you have this small crack, I would recommend you get it fixed, just in case you drop your phone and the small crack starts to flake.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

that really sucks :smileysad: thanx for the info

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)