Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia Arc housing cracks?

thanks Jeff.

checked my Arc after seeing this (L15i, Midnight Blue, Vodafone UK)

and yep, I have the cracks too.

cheers

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Thanx Jeff

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

thanks Jepp. I have crack on midnight blue too

Talent
huggons

Update

Spoken to management at se uk. Sony will be replacing my handset and holding onto my cracked handset to examine in more detail. I was told that this is the first case they are aware of in the uk and the first handset that has been returned with this issue.

Anonymous(anon)

wooow...you're lucky man!!

I send my ARC to S.E. service yesterday and I'm waiting yet. :smileycry:

I hope It'll replacing as soon

:smileysad:

Visitor
radheck

any answer ?? because we need it

Talent
huggons

Sony Ericsson

Hi all, I've got some new information on this.

First of all we'd like to apologies to those of you who have this crack in the housing of your Xperia arc.

This does not affect the performance of the handset in any way but if you wish to have this fixed we will do this under warranty if you send the phone to a repair centre.
(This is new information passed out to all our repair centres so to those of you who have been told this is not covered by warranty - now it is.)

The easiest way would normally be to contact the dealer where the phone was bought and ask for a repair. They will send the phone to one of our authorized repair centres.

Contact the local support office if you have any questions about the repair routines in your country.
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll do my best to answer them all.

-Markus

Anonymous(anon)

great news but are you replacing the componant with the same part or a re engineered part, i want to get mine fixed but it puts me at great hardship to be without my phone and i dont want to have to send it back for the same fault in a few months time? if your replacing it for the same part i dont see the logic in it as its obvious this is a major problem with the handset.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Great news

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
radheck

any answer about we change the housing with a new kind of housing or only is a new housing with the same problem?

People try to sell it http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1113322&page=15!!!?