Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Enthusiast
dynax303

Xperia Arc and Jabra Cruiser2 car kit

I've problem using Jabra Cruiser2 with Xperia Arc. Some functions are not working correctly.

Voice call do not work correctly, it doesn't understand the name I speak, but vocal serach (ex. on browser) works correclty.

Also Jabra device is unable to download contacts and cannot speak contact name when I get a call :smileysad:

I also tried to upload contacts via bluetooth but I cannot see the Jabra device on bluetooth peripherals list (on send file only).

What can I do? I think that support of BT on Android phones is not so good as other Sony Ericsson series (es. W880, C902 etc...).

Trustee
Annie

Re: Xperia Arc and Jabra Cruiser2 car kit

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that your accessory is not working properly, however, please be aware that Sony Ericsson does not guarantee compatibility of third party devices.

Enthusiast
dynax303

There is a way to check what's happened to determinate if the problem is the Phone or the Jabra device?

A log file?

Community Manager
Johan

That's true, but as I understand there's no logging tool for this as default in the phone. Maybe a third party app could provide it?

But I would first of all suggest that you check with Jabra to see if Xperia arc is listed as a compatible device for your car kit.

Anonymous(anon)

My first post!  Just bought 2 Arcs (one for my wife and myself) and 2 Jabra Cruiser2's.   With regard to the contacts issue I have the same problem and can only get the Cruiser2 to repeat the number calling but does not announce the actual contact name.  I have contacted Jabra and await their response.  Will advise if I make any progress.

Regarding quality, our initial impression is that the Cruiser2 works just 'ok' when having a conversation with another phone.  The clarity in the car using the Cruiser2 is pretty good but my wife noted that when calling me with her phone there is a background echo and it's not perfectly clear.  However the quality greatly improved when we had a conversation in our cars from one Cruiser2 to another Cruiser2.

Looking to hear from others on this issue.  Has anyone had better success with a different bluetooth car speaker?

Enthusiast
dynax303

Hi yammy5, so i'm not alone... :smileywink:

The problem is... will Jabra or SE update BT system to let all other features to work?

I think the problem is Android. Do you have checked the Jabra Cruiser2 with other SE phones (not Android)?

On the site there is compatibility list for all SE device, including X10 and PLAY... but not Arc!?? A bit strange thing...

Enthusiast
dynax303

I contacted Jabra and answers were like reset the phone, reset pairing, check with Sony Ericsson.

Anonymous(anon)

Here is the response from Jabra - perhaps SE can respond to this PLEASE.

Dear Cory,

We're sorry that you're unable to utilize your Jabra Cruiser speakerphone properly, unfortunately, we've found that many cell phone manufacturers implemented the Bluetooth Phone Book Access Profile incorrectly, causing issues like yours. There may be updated software available for your phone (contact your cell service provider) to correct the issue. Jabra is working together with all cell phone manufacturers to ensure Bluetooth specification compliance across the board.

Thanks,
Susan
Jabra

----- Description -----

Date: 23.06.2011 20:52
To: techsupp@jabra.com
Subject: FW: Cruiser2 Support

Anonymous(anon)

Here is another response from Jabra - again could SE please respond!

The Cruiser2 should automatically download the Phone Book. Sometimes Android requests authorization for some actions, such as allowing a Bluetooth Device to access you Phone Book. I suggest you contact Sony to make sure this setting is disabled.

Thank you for choosing Jabra.

Regards,
Nick
Jabra

----- Description -----

Date: 23.06.2011 20:58
To: techsupp@jabra.com
Subject: Support request from NA jabra.com

Enthusiast
dynax303

Jabra sad also to try send phone book to Jabra Cruiser2, but the device is not in the list when I try to send file (but properly connected via BT).

So we have only to wait for Jabra/SE software update :smileysad:

Voice recognition is not working also on my SE/Jabra so I cannot use voice commads to call a contact. This is frustrating!

When I push the phone button on Jabra it starts but Arc do not recognize anything or really too wrong! For example I say "call elisa" and it make a call to an unknow number like "5800177" !?

Do you have the same problem?