Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
taify

Xperia Arc S not charging

Hey,

I don't know what suddenly happened. My phone was working perfectly till yesterday. And now today when i try to charge it, it isn't charging. When i connect with my PC (USB) my PC doesn't pick it up either.

However, when I switch it off and try to charge... the phone turns on, SONY appears and then goes block.

It suggests that the USB plug is fine, correct?

What could b possibly wrong with it? The phone didn't fall. I didn't do any upgrade last night either.

P.S: The phone is now dead! :smileysad: and USB isn't picking it up either. No idea what to do!

Edit: I dnt know if my phone is roothed or not :smileyworried:

The charger/USB is fine cuz it works with other phones

One time poster
redrick

Re: Xperia Arc S not charging

I had this issue once... but it was a false alarm. My battery drained completely, and when it happens, the phone needs more time to wake up. Put it on the wall charger, leave it there for some time and pray. Hope it helps.

One time poster
AhmedOPF

Bro I have same problem with my arc s !

i have changed usb cable and now it is charging Prefectlly!

One time poster
Ankit

Just do one thing. Let you cell charge for 2 hours and then try to swith it on. if it does its ok but if doesn't then may be the problem arised with the pin inside the cell which connects to the usb. I will suggest to go to serice centre rather than trying anything with just hunches.

One time poster
Avijit

how did you fixed it ?

i have the exact same issue..