Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia Arc S. Some Backlight Bleed right at the bottom?

I got an Xperia Arc S and so far I love the device however I notice at the bottom of the screen their seems to be some backlight bleed and the area seems brighter than the rest of the screen.

Is this normal?

Thanks

Trustee
Markus

Re: Xperia Arc S. Some Backlight Bleed right at the bottom?

Just had a look and sure, there's a minimal bleed but it's very very small. Judging by your description it sounds like you might have more than I do here. If you are bothered by it you should have a service center examine the phone for you to determine if this needs to be fixed or not.

Ask your dealer or local support for help with this.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

I replaced the phone today inside the store with what I was told was a brand new replacement. However upon setting up the phone I noticed there was an image on the phone of what appeared to be a wooden floor.

I'm thinking maybe the staff in the back of the store accidentally took the picture but from what I saw they didn't even take it out of the box!

Could I have gotten a refurbished/replaced phone? I also noticed an app on the phone called 'Function Validation'. Does this come standard on all the arc S? Now I'm worried the device I'm using is a device someone else sent back.

Thanks

Trustee
Markus

There should not be any user data on a new phone.

Did they tell you it was a brand new phone? Check behind the battery, the IMEI number, what does it start with? The two first digits are enough. Also, please post the SI-number. I might be able to get some info from this. This can also be found behind the battery. SI XXXX-XXXX.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for your reply Markus.

I got the phone replaced today because of some various other issues so all is good now, however I have an unrelated question I'm wondering if you could answer for me.

I notice in the display settings their is no option for auto-brightness, I can often see the screens brightness setting changing frequently, this can get a little bit annoying.

Is their anything I can do besides from yanking the brightness up to full to stop auto-brightness from taking place?

Many thanks

Trustee
Markus

I'm happy to hear it's solved. :smileyhappy:

The auto-brightness can not be turned off in the current software unfortunately. I've forwarded a few comments on this with request to add a on/off option for this feature. Let's hope it will be changed in coming software version(s).

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

So the slight flickering is a normal feature of the auto brightness?

Thanks

Trustee
Markus

Yes, this is normal. As you already noticed, the only way to make it stop is to set the brightness to 100%. This will drain the battery much faster than if set to <100% though.

Anonymous(anon)

I have one more thing I would like you to confirm to me if possible.

When I tap the top part of the back of my Xperia Arc S, near the camera, I hear a rattling noise. Is this present on all Arc S's?

Thanks

Trustee
Markus

Can you please explain this a bit more detailed? Maybe upload a picture with a highlight on the area you're tapping?

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.