Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
mailtomus

Xperia Arc S BootLoop problem

ive updated my xperia arc S lt18i to android 4.0 using my pc companion.....but now the phone gets stuck into bootloop...

it gets restarting and restarting...again and again without even going to the home screen....this usually happens when i turn the bluetoth on......someone please help

Trustee
Petter

Re: Xperia Arc S BootLoop problem

Sounds like it would be wise to try performing a repair of your phone's software.

You can easily perform the interaction with our program Sony PC Companion, availalbe for download from the link below

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
FrankLinssen

I am having the same problem. Updated My Arc S to Android 4 and now I get those errors like "Sim-card has been removed" and then the phone closes down and starts up again.

I also did the software repair but still have the issue.

I experienced this issue when:

- in the middle of a conversation. Suddenly got disconnected!!;

- when listening to music;

- in the middle of a Parkmobile action;

- unplugging my earphones.

It drives my crazy and sincerely regret that I updated to this "much better"Android 4 version.

Please advise a.s.a.p. how to solve this issue.

I WAS a happy Sony-Ericsson user. Like to become it again !!!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

get a brand new SIM card

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
FrankLinssen

What is that for kind of solution ?

Useless if you ask me.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I disagree, I can say the same thing about your comment that it's useless, not to mention against forum rules

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/1046#1046

1.  User spam - Repeated posting of the same or similar content across  multiple threads. This includes "advertising” or posting of you  dissatisfaction with a product, service or the support from our company.  Please always feel free to post new threads with any concerns you have,  but please keep the conversation in that thread.

2.  Personal attacks - Rude behavior is easily recognized, and will not be  tolerated. This includes to other members, moderators and employees of  Sony Ericsson.

3.  Foul language - Although foul language is made invisible by the  automated profanity filter, it is still not acceptable to post. Attempts  to circumvent the filter will be treated the same.

This  is truly not something we wanted to have happen, but we want this forum  to be a place people are happy to visit, or feel comfortable posting  questions and comments. We hope you appreciate our transparency and  continue to post here as often as you please.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
FrankLinssen

Well, I don't see what your solution brings me (or it is my lack of knowledge).

Isn't my simcard linked to my phone-number ? I have a contract on this phone-number.

So buying a new simcard means change my number, right ? Why would I do that.

I don't think the Simcard is the issue. It is just a strange message which only came up after updating to the Android 4

And I also don't think I go against forum rules.

So please explain me why your solution would work ...

Thanks.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you can get a brand new SIM card w/ your network your number won't change at all. SIM cards stop working all the time, and the older they are the more issues you will get. most of the time is the SIM card issue.

One time poster
FrankLinssen

OK. good to know. Learned something.

Still quite a big coincidence it appeared right after the android update.

Let's hope it is the simcard than and not the Adroid 4 version who is causing the issues.

Thanks.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you can repair your phone with SUS but I would suggest to get a new SIM card and then check