Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia Arc Camera Image Quality

Hi, I must say that after updating my phone to 2.3.4 (from Build 4.0.2.A.0.42 to 4.0.2.A.0.62), picture quality increased a bit, now i see it on par with 2.3.3 perceived quality.  Sharpness and color rendition improved in most cases, even using auto scene selection.

I'm a bit happier now with my phone, because it came from a nearly unusable state to a much more decent one. 

Night mode also works better now, although in very low light situations, it is a must to up EV to at least +1.

Thanks Sony, we're getting there....

Forum Legend
uliwooly

picture quality remain the same, you can switch from different build numbers and take the same picture (don't use auto scene) and compare them

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Even though I havent done it inmediately, I have pictures with build .42 that when taken with build .62 came out better.  There are slight variations in iso and exposure time in normal mode too.

Also, the yellow cast pictures usually came out with in build .42 is almost nonexistant now.

I think they tweaked the driver a bit.  Im not saying its night and day, but the difference can be seen.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you should share some of those pictures, bc I've tried myriad firmwares and I can't see any improvement

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Ok, I'll check when I get home

Greenhorn
ply17410

I just posted this on the xperia Ray forum:  http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/167686#167686

Compares Sony Ericsson C905a vs. Ray

Bob H

Forum Legend
uliwooly

this is one of many issues to be solved by sony, but it seems that they will continue even on the new Xperias

Check the issues here

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/130237

https://plus.google.com/117586446271921149656/posts/jgJgbxSyLEX

Sony Xperia's profile photo

Sony Xperia  -  +Alexandre Bote Tronchoni Thanks for the comment and the compression of images is something we are in discussion in our development teams but today do not have a more firm answer. - Nik

Still not good enough, we need solutions

Anonymous(anon)

lightspeed_x is right, Sony might be "getting there", but I think they should have "got there" before they released the phone.

The mobile phone industry must be very competitive if they have to release a phone before the bugs (more than one) are fixed.

It's the consumer that pays for it. And pay for it we did. These are expensive phones. However, I think now that Sony will start paying for their haste in that customers are leaving to buy other brands.

Anonymous(anon)

So, is the consensus now that 3rd party apps don't have any positive effect on quality?

I am talking about the images themselves as seen when copied to PC, not just viewing them on the internal viewer where I agree Quickpic makes a huge difference both in image and speed.

Any point in paying 3 dollars for the superfine noise reduction setting in Vignette on 8MP images not available in the demo (which I have tested)?

Thanks!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

there isn't a significant improvement on third party apps, if you like to show your pictures and videos and big screens you will be disappointed (or if you use a huge screen as regular computer screen)