Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia Arc August Update 4.0.A.2.368 (If you don't/can't wait) (LT15i & LT15a)

You need not have gone to the Wotan server to perform the firmware updates.

The links provided by uliwooly are sufficient to do it and has the Global Generic version. ie that is my version.

You can still do another firmware update using the global generic version if you want.

ie download the global generic firmware version, download and install the flash tool and launch it. Follow the on screen prompts and that's it.

Anyway, if your mobile service operator has the Over The Air support, you can request the internet settings from your phone itself.

Go to the Settings menu ---> Sony Ericsson ---> Internet Settings ---> Accept

In fact, when you first start up the phone after the firmware update, you will be prompted if you want to download the internet settings.

Greenhorn
BR4DOKYBrazil

Re: Xperia Arc August Update 4.0.A.2.368 (If you don't/can't wait) (LT15i & LT15a)

This is the original SE firmware? No changes, hacks, etc!?

Anonymous(anon)

Yes that is as far as I know. I have been using it for some time already and so have many other people.

I have also flashed many of my friends and colleagues phones successfully

Anonymous(anon)

The good thing about manual firmware flashing is that you can choose whatever version you like (from the versions available).

If you did not like a particular version, just flash it with another version you prefer.

Greenhorn
BR4DOKYBrazil

My only fear is change LT15a to LT15i.

I'm afraid to change the frequency of the operator, thereby getting the signal down, etc..

I believe it does not make sense because the hardware that determines the frequency, it is not!?

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

the hardware determines the frequencies, I have the LT15a with LT15i firmware and it works normal on the LT15a frequencies (3G and H)

Greenhorn
BR4DOKYBrazil

Tks !!!

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

anytime

Greenhorn
BR4DOKYBrazil

Done! I upgraded my device!

The changes are significant!

Perfect!

Are you sure that is the hardware that determines the frequency and not the software!?

So far it's working, 3G, Internet, WiFi, signal, etc..

Anonymous(anon)

how can i update my phone i couldin'd do this help me plz um sony ericsson xperai arc LT15