Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

When will I get the ICS update for Arc S?

It was announced that the ICS update for Arc S will come on end of march or early april but we don't see any update yet. When will the update come? Any official confirmation?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: When will I get the ICS update for Arc S?

How to "manually" update Xperia Arc/S LT15i/a LT18i/a 4.0.3 build number 4.1.A.0.562

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/35032

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

the official update its around the corner as you can see in the link above, an almost finished update leaked, it shouldn't be long before they rolled it out

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

I am looking forward to the official update. Thanks for the reply! :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

keep an eye on the official Blog

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/

Trustee
Nessa

The rollout for the Xperia™ arc S will start later this month and continue over 4-6  weeks. This will depend on your specific market and carrier.

One time poster
Akerui

So it won't be middle of April but rather end of it...

I also saw Sony Support Tweets where is practically said to not update phones from GB to ICS cause GB is stable...

I have Arc S on 2.3.4. and it's the worse phone I ever had -not even X8 or X10 mini pro were that slow, and if I have Timeline Widget then I must wait 15 sec to load home screen.

Also when listening to music -it stops when I activate the camera to take a picture; and songs skip if I try to run anything else (browser, game, gallery...)

Photos when being taken by standard camera (integrated sofware one) takes 10 sec to save it.

And you call GB on Xperia stable? I had almost every SE phone so far... And if keep that way, this Arc will be the last one -no need saving for Xperia S  if you'll act the same as so far.