Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Re: When will 4.0 be released to the 2011 Xperias? (Bad news, March 2012)

I don't use timescape it takes a lot of RAM to run and it's pointless, what's the point on having over pixilated pictures as backgrounds and not being able to read the whole tweet, update, sms, etc or clicking on a posted link w/o having to open the facebook or tweeter app.

Anonymous(anon)

I really like Timescape.  Aggregating all my feeds in one place is a great idea and the only other app I found that does this well is TweetDeck but this has a terrible UI.  I've added the Music Timescape plugin as I like seeing what's been playing.  The Timescape widget is pretty useless though - it's too small and they should of offered a large version like they do with the picture viewer.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

I was thinking about it, and it doesn't make sense that google will just gave the code to companies like SE just now, since manufacturers have to design their new handsets many months back, and ICS has virtual buttons that will change the design entirely if they didn't know or had an early ICS code

One time poster
WinterStars

Check this out

http://www.xperiablog.net/2011/12/04/4-0-2-d-0-4-firmware-certified-for-xperia-arc-and-xperia-neo-3-...

Some ICS dev drops are already in the pipeline. Don't wanna bet my kidney though on its authenticity.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

I can't wait to flash it :smileyhappy:

slimshaddy

update : To clarify the Android 4.0 ICS rollout for Sony Ericsson Xperia line-up. We have been told that all Sony Ericsson employees will startgetting ICS builds in January for testing purposes & internal rollout. The public release is still due for March 2012 according to our sources.

source : xperiablog.net..

Anonymous(anon)

damn!

pls sony give some users also ICS for testing purpose :smileysilly:

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

march? bummer, and yes it'll be great if we can test it too :smileysilly:

One time poster
CrazyPeter

I really hope Sony can see how much positive PR they will gain by releasing a clean ICS ASAP and then following it up with the real-deal when ready.

They already have great kudos in the community for the bootloader unlocking, and they could gain even more with a timely release of ICS for enthusiasts.

Please Sony, sort it out..  make it so...

Anonymous(anon)

ICS landing to select Xperia phones in January 2012?

Great news for all Sony Ericsson Xperia phone owners, who have been eagerly waiting for Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to run on their devices. A Sony employee has tweeted, rather optimistically, that ICS should be expected to arrive in the very first week of January next year for all 2011 Xperia handsets.

This is a bit of a contrast to the statement of Sony Ericsson Italy, who have said in a Facebook post, that the software update shouldn't be expected before March 2012.

Meanwhile, though, the Xperia arc and neo Ice Cream Sandwich firmware has been submitted for certification by the smartphone manufacturer. If it passes the thorough certification checks, we could indeed see ICS as soon as early next year.:smileylaugh::smileylaugh:

This means that the Xperia active, arc, arc S, mini, mini pro, neo, neo V, Play, pro, Xperia ray and Live with Walkman are going to be one of the first amongst the vastness of Android smartphones to enjoy the new Android software.