Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: We are answering your questions about the Xperia arc!

ok maybe something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjCI9CFp6ew

http://pocketnow.com/android/htc-sensation-software-review-video

well the lock screen could be done with this

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker&feature=search_result

I rather not have all those apps running in the background, I rather add widgets but Its up to each user I suppose

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

It is only very shortly seen at the end of that youtube link.

Nothing is running in the background. But it's like more easy approach to some of the settings and stats.

You can quickly kill tasks, you can see free memory, quickly turn on and off mobile network, wi-fi, bt, etc...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I can see it, it seems like they added more shortcuts to the most recently used apps, which it could be convinient to free up some space but you can do the same by long press the MENU button it might be convinient for some but after what happened to the X10 and the whole over customized UI I don't know if it will take SE a lot to release the updates

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

You are making me sound dumb :smileyhappy: I know about the longpresing the MENU button.

But there are quite a few other things you can see and do on that notification bar too. Seems like you haven't took the time to see the whole sense 3.0 demo. Neither did I until I watched direct review of Sensation vs Arc.

I thank you though on quick responses.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I can see some advantages on sense 3.0 and some drawbacks

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

Ive been told that my phone has got the 'data background' switched on and is using up my internet allowance by updating. Any ideas how I can switch this off please?

Also, is it possible to connect and Bluetooth with a Samsung Tocco Lite? I've been trying to Bluetooth over some videos onto my new Arc but it keeps telling me it's

'paired but not connected'. Am I fighting a losing battle?

Thanks a lot. :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

there are many ways

1) settings -> accounts & sync -> uncheck background data

2) on your homescreen -> press menu -> add -> widgets -> data traffic

on your homescreen -> long press anywhere -> widgets -> data traffic

Anonymous(anon)

Hi I need help here.

I tried to update my xperia arc to 2.3.3 last week twice using PC Companion but failed. Stucked on the preparation stage just before update stage. And for the third time I tried, it went to stage 3 which is updating my phone. However after a while it prompt me that error has occured and it jump back to stage 2. But my phone has been wiped off!

During the update process my phone also switch off by itself, and when I tried to turn it on, it just a black screen with exclamination mark on centre!

I had to sent it to SE shop to reset it + update.

May I know did I missed something? How come my arc would failed to update using PC Companion? As I just connected my phone to the pc, run the update from PC Companion, and follow on the screen intruction..

Thanks.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

yeah that happens, it happened to me before, that's why you have to use Update Service, its far more reliable

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/updateservice/1.906023?cc=gb&...

try to repair your phone with it, if it doesn't work you have 2 options

1) send it to SonyEricsson to be repaired or

2) use flashtool

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/16824

Anonymous(anon)

ah...If only I found this thread earlier.....:smileysad:. Anyway I had sent my phone to get repaired.

Thank u very much for ur prompt reply :smileywink: