Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Trustee
Jeff

We are answering your questions about the Xperia arc!

Hi Everyone,

Now this this  phone has been out for many months, we're closing this thread and asking  that you make new threads for any questions you have

One time poster
lov2bugu

Re: We are answering your questions about the Xperia arc!

Oh GREAT, i just posted a question on the forum... can you confirm if the Application googlevoice (voip, not the search bar) works on the phone?  ever since we upgraded the x10s from 1.6 to 2.1 its stopped working...  please my job demands lots of international calling, googlevoice is essential for me! 

Thank you

Anonymous(anon)

When will Arc be released in Singapore and will we get the PINK version? Or other colours besides the standard midnight blue and silver? :smileyhappy:

Thanks!!

Trustee
Jeff

Yeah, I saw that! I think we talked about that on Twitter awhile ago.

We are trying to do it right now, but none of us are in the USA or Canada (I assume you are in the States). I setup an account (with an American tollfree number) but it just flips back to a regular call when I try it on the phone (works fine on the PC).

I'm not a Google Voice expert by any means, but have you seen it work on other 2.3 devices? I think we said we couldn't go any furthur with your X10 because it was AT&T hardware with unbranded software, right?

Let me know, this is the time to get this done!

Trustee
Jeff

Sorry, I don't have any release dates!

As far as I can tell, the pink is Japan-only, but of course this could change.

No other colours have been announced.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks Jeff :smileywink:

Xperia Arc looks good, I'm getting it for sure.

Anonymous(anon)

Will the phone work as a Wifi hotspot?  I believe this is native in Android 2.2 (and above).

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Jeff,  will there be music unlimited by qriocity on the Xperia arc?  Sobo

One time poster
lov2bugu

The last thing we got for the x10 issue is you would look into it, but its true that it unbranded from at&t, hoewever, unbranded from rogers canada is what i was using for 1.6 and it was working on both phones... only when i upgraded it stopped.

regardless, i understand that my phone X10a won't work on google voice as unbranding or generic 2.1 could be the cuase, but i am sure SE has some US testers, perhaps an email from you could get us somewhere.  i have not met anyone with 2.3 on any phone in the U.S. well it seems you phone is not as heavyly modified (skinned) like the x10a was, so maybe it will work!  my question is weather the new ARC could be google voice compatible!  are there no arc ion the U.S. being tested?  if you can't answer its ok, ill just wait tell comes out and try it if it does not work ill just return it. 

Anyway thank you so much for your efforts, if there is a way you can find out please let me know :smileyhappy:, the arc looks AWSOME can't wait! 

One time poster
lov2bugu

does it have SWYPE?