Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Upgrading SD card

Hi,

I have had my arc for a couple weeks now and want to upgrade my micro sd card to a 32G capacity.  I dont want to loose whats on my card now so what is the best way of copying everything over?  Is it as simple as just copying everything to the new card and putting it in the phone or do i have to do anything special?

thx

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Upgrading SD card

if you want to preserve all the files from your old SD card

ok on your PC

1) open any folder -> click on tools -> properties -> view -> show hidden files

2) mount your phone with the NEW SD card and delete everything (save any file that you might want to keep)

3) swap SD cards, mount the old SD card, go to your SD card, press Ctrl + A then Ctrl C, on your desktop create a new folder, open it, then press CTRL + V

4) swap SD cards, mount the new SD card, open the folder you just created, press Ctrl + A then Ctrl C, open your SD card, Ctrl + V

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Thx for the reply,

I am on a mac  .. would there be any difference or am i just making sure that i am copying everything including any hidden files?

thx again

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Mac doesn't have an option to show hidden files, there's a way around

http://www.mactricksandtips.com/2008/04/show-hidden-files.html

if I were you, I would borrow a PC

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

great thx for your help

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Don't forget to check this incase you want to repair and/or backup your phone

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/16824