Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
enteng_kabisote

Re: Sony Xperia S home launcher works on the Arc

I see but indeed the launcher works well with it...

Anonymous(anon)

There has been some discussion on XDA about Sony making lots of UI changes between the current beta and the final release but I seriously doubt they would take the risk.  So you'll get the same launcher that the beta has - which is a cross between the old one and the Xperia S one.

However, I did install the stock ICS launcher (Launcher2) and it works perfectly! (I'm on the ICS beta BTW).  Sadly this alternative launcher only works when installed as a system app which would require root access - but I'm sure there are some similar packages on Google Play.

One time poster
enteng_kabisote

I hope that they will include that in the update since its beautiful on Arc s!!! BTW what are the launchers that you're talking about that have the similar packages, are they like the trebuchet launcher? Thanks.

KSN
One time poster
KSN

Does it (Dialer) work ok bro, as someone in the post is making complain against it? Can u give me the link or name the apk?

Thanx in advance :smileyhappy:

Master
slimshaddy

it works perfectly..

i think the files are

smartsearch , phonebook.. these will add the new dialer..

One time poster
dashingguyof2k

oh my holy god you guys are amazing..... playing xperia s's music player on my xperia arc s with all things fully working!! just installed like four apps of xperia s's from three different folders that i downloaded :

the three folders i downloaded are:

Xperia_S music player (16.6 mb)

XPERIA_S_UPDATE_5.0_by_flamemo (78.8 mb)

XperiaS Package (28.8 mb)

i installed these apps from the three different folders as one some were not in one then from another i took and another like that :

SoundEnhancement.apk

SemcMusic.apk

MusicWidget.apk

AudioEffectService.apk

SemcMetadataCleanup.apk (that is song music info) i was able to install and see it in music player but it always gave me error as i tried to get info of any song .. any help to make it work??!

i installed xperia s's weather widget but it doesn't loads on the screen, any help on this aswell?!

and even installed OnOffTools.apk got it in widgets option but again didn't came on screen dont even know what it does ..

any idea what is Soundfx_Xperia_S for ?! its in zip and has no apk file though

i didn't liked the xperia s's home screen so uninstalled the updates n got my  arc s's home screen back.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

anytime, I think it has to do with this

screenshot_2012-05-08_1406_2.pngscreenshot_2012-05-08_1407.png

screenshot_2012-05-08_1406.png

screenshot_2012-05-08_1406_1.png

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
dashingguyof2k

ok i am back on gingerbread... i got all things running according to these steps http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1526542

everything as mentioned:  Xperia S Music with Working Equalizer, Clearbass, Surround, FBmusiclikes & background color change while music scrolling

just what i am missing is the rock, hip-hop, etc equalizer ... please help me what should i install to get that instead of the 10 presets , please provide me the file for that i would highly appreciate it

One time poster
dashingguyof2k

no reply yet? :smileysad:

Master
slimshaddy

install the enhancment apk from this file

http://www.mediafire.com/?xjcms7dcrr9tmpk