Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Auni

Sony Ericsson Xperia range grabs 4 iF design awards!

Sony Ericsson Xperia range grabs 4 iF design awards

Sony Ericsson walked out triumphant from the iF design awards ceremony after scoring 4 trophies in the telecommunications category. The company's Xperia range didn't even need the help of the Xperia S, which is yet to hit the shelves, to do so well.

http://st.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/12/02/se-if/big.jpg

There were 4,322 entries for this year's iF design awards, divided into 16 categories and 100 of them got the iF gold award for exceptional design achievements. Sony Ericsson's lineup of Android smartphones accounted for four of the winners, but we didn't get to know the actual numbers of entries that the company had.

The honored devices were the rugged Xperia active, the compact Xperia ray and Xperia mini and the music-centered Live with Walkman. Quite the achievement for the soon-to-become Sony company, considering that those four smartphones are actually quite different from each other in terms of aesthetics.

According to the jury, the takeaway from this year's iF awards is: „The interplay of different textures, of matt and high-gloss finishes and of tactile and colored surfaces is particularly to the fore this year and serves, primarily, as a means of differentiation in the marketplace."

Now that's one of the main reason i hate Icrap and stay away from Samsung. But i can't believe that they ignored ARC or ARC S here???? This is the most amazingly designed handset by far in the market, in fact everywhere.:smileyconfused:

Source: gsmarena.com

One time poster
Jawadkhalid89

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia range grabs 4 iF design awards!

Today morning i read this but not seeing Arc in the award list i was unhappy,and didn't share this with other friends

slimshaddy

hmm maybe arc will grab something else :smileylaugh:

One time poster
Auni

Still ARC or ARC S both got the appreciation from us users, right? In fact you can barely find any user who is happy with Samsung design only.:smileysilly: Not the specs though.

One time poster
Jawadkhalid89

The design is the only thing which binds the users to Sony otherwise all would have gone to Samsung

slimshaddy

right... why i purchased arc knowing that samsung had all the hardware , looks :smileyhappy: samsung has to work on that ,

i mentioned earlier whats the use of a lamborghini engine in a hideous looking car :smileyexclaim:

One time poster
Auni

Well I am quite happy with ARC S performance.

Because in my country Samsung Galaxy S and ARC S price is same  480-500 USD.

Depending on the price ARC S performs really good. since i have both of these above device.

Not talking about Galaxy S II or comparing also since it's priced as 720 USD here.

One time poster
Jawadkhalid89

The configuration of both phones is also the same 1.4G processor ,205 GPU ...about RAM i'm not sure

slimshaddy

well i purchased my arc for 27000 and s2 was available for 29000.. so see , not much difference..

1$ = 50..

One time poster
Auni

512MB RAM for both.