Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S (LT18a) on AT&T?

Are there others here who are using the Arc S on AT&T in the USA?

How has your experience been?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S (LT18a) on AT&T?

I have the LT15a and I haven't encountered any network issues, can you be more specific on your questions?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

uliwooly!  I actually referenced one of your posts to set up the 3G connection on my Arc S!  Thanks for the speedy response. 

Well, I used to have a dumb phone with the unlimited data plan on it.  But when I put my sim card into the Arc S, AT&T's OLAM recognizes my phone as a Palm Treo 650 :smileyshocked:

I was under the impression that if I bought the phone unlocked and that if AT&T didn't carry the device, that it would show as unknown device or something.  I'm wondering if I'll be able to keep my unlimited data plan or what to do if AT&T "forces" a smartphone data plan on me.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

just contact AT&T and tell them that you are using a dumb phone, just look online for dumbphones that aren't carried by AT&T and tell them that, since your phone it's not recognized by AT&T it will show up a random phone on your account.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

I was curious if I should use the "Not my device/phone link" in OLAM site or if I should contact them directly through phone.  Either way, won't they just say that based on the device's IMEI or ESN, it is seen as a Palm Treo or something other than what I tell them?

I guess everyday from now on, I'll live in fear of whether or not they will put the smartphone data plan...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you can always buy one of those $40 prepaid phones, use that sim card, they will give you credit for that, and then you can say that you are using that phone, :smileysilly: