Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S (LT18a) on AT&T?

Are there others here who are using the Arc S on AT&T in the USA?

How has your experience been?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S (LT18a) on AT&T?

I have the LT15a and I haven't encountered any network issues, can you be more specific on your questions?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

uliwooly!  I actually referenced one of your posts to set up the 3G connection on my Arc S!  Thanks for the speedy response. 

Well, I used to have a dumb phone with the unlimited data plan on it.  But when I put my sim card into the Arc S, AT&T's OLAM recognizes my phone as a Palm Treo 650 :smileyshocked:

I was under the impression that if I bought the phone unlocked and that if AT&T didn't carry the device, that it would show as unknown device or something.  I'm wondering if I'll be able to keep my unlimited data plan or what to do if AT&T "forces" a smartphone data plan on me.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

just contact AT&T and tell them that you are using a dumb phone, just look online for dumbphones that aren't carried by AT&T and tell them that, since your phone it's not recognized by AT&T it will show up a random phone on your account.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

I was curious if I should use the "Not my device/phone link" in OLAM site or if I should contact them directly through phone.  Either way, won't they just say that based on the device's IMEI or ESN, it is seen as a Palm Treo or something other than what I tell them?

I guess everyday from now on, I'll live in fear of whether or not they will put the smartphone data plan...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you can always buy one of those $40 prepaid phones, use that sim card, they will give you credit for that, and then you can say that you are using that phone, :smileysilly: