Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: SE insult early 2011 Xperia customers

you will have to re-lock your bootloader, neither PCC nor SUS will recognize your phone if you unlock the bootloader.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
XPERIA-MANIAC

how do i relock my arc??and how i can know my device were unlock??can u teach me uli??

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you can relock your fun quite easy BUT there is no way to restore some files and of course your warranty will be gone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1324703

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
XPERIA-MANIAC

what kind files that u mean??cuz im a newbies i not really understand about it..do u mean my photo and anything will be gone or my apps inside my phone will be gone??

One time poster
XPERIA-MANIAC

and one more thing uli..how can i check ma phone was or wasn't unlock the bootloader?can i check with something??and what kind files that will gone that u mean it??

Master
slimshaddy

there are some DRM files which cannot be recovered after you unlock your bootloader... i dont know anything about DRM though..

Anonymous(anon)

You can still flash it using Flashtool or Wotan.  I have an unlocked bootloader and both these tools work.  Flashing OTA or using the PC tool won't work (apparently).

I've used Wotan a few times and it's a great service - and if you're just flashing f/w then it's free.

Anonymous(anon)

Yet no-one seems to know what losing these magic DRM files actually means in practice.  All that I lost when I unlocked my bootloader was the stock Track ID app stopped working - replacing it with the version on the Market fixed that though.  :smileyhappy:

The whole DRM thing seems a little overblown if my experience is anything to go by.

Anonymous(anon)

Yes, you can check if you're bootloader can be unlocked:

1. Open your dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to open the service menu.
  2. Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can unlock it using the Sony online service.  If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.

http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions

Anonymous(anon)

Unlocking will wipe your phone - but not your SD card so your photos will be safe.  It will be like a factory reset so you'll need to install your apps, contacts, etc. again unless you back them up first.